ATF eForm 4 Approval In 90 Days? Timer Begins Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I found out Shawnee Outdoors down here has a Silencer shop kiosk. And they carry Dead Air cans. That’s what I am thinking about getting. Probably the Sandman L or the S. Primarily will be using it on my AR’s and AK. One will be a 10.5”. All in 5.56 and then my AK is 7.62x39.
Interesting. How is their pricing compared to others?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Yes, I knew I'd have to wait. But I'll be irritated about waiting until I get it in hand whether the eforms process existed or not. I've been waiting since July/August. Many will still be waiting for that year or more. I'll especially be irritated if they've pulled people away from dealing with the paper process to address the new electronic process. They need to pick one and just go with it.

But it is what it is . . .
They're trying to get the new process implemented. It's just a growing pain. Once its flowing everyone will complain about having to wait three months. The paperwork process used to take a lot less time (usually less than 6 months) but it got overloaded.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is for a SilencerShop direct order.
I have been able to do everything from my home computer besides fingerprints and photos.
You use the SilencerShop app on your phone for photos.
I went to H&H to use their fingerprint kiosk and there was a guy there at the silencer/optics counter that went above and beyond on helping me figure out what I was doing wrong. (the pad was greasy)
I regret not getting his name.
If you buy your silencer thru SilencerShop, and you are in the OKC Metro, I highly recommend doing the prints at H&H.
They didn't care if I was or wasn't buying anything through them.
Making my purchase tomorrow to begin the (hopefully under) 90 day wait.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're trying to get the new process implemented. It's just a growing pain. Once its flowing everyone will complain about having to wait three months. The paperwork process used to take a lot less time (usually less than 6 months) but it got overloaded.
I'm familiar with the wait . . . I bought my first suppressor in Oct/Nov of 2014. I picked it up in March of 2015. Bought my next one in May of 2016. I didn't get it until August of 2017.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is for a SilencerShop direct order.
I have been able to do everything from my home computer besides fingerprints and photos.
You use the SilencerShop app on your phone for photos.
I went to H&H to use their fingerprint kiosk and there was a guy there at the silencer/optics counter that went above and beyond on helping me figure out what I was doing wrong. (the pad was greasy)
I regret not getting his name.
If you buy your silencer thru SilencerShop, and you are in the OKC Metro, I highly recommend doing the prints at H&H.
They didn't care if I was or wasn't buying anything through them.
Making my purchase tomorrow to begin the (hopefully under) 90 day wait.
Just remember the 90 day wait begins after it is certified and submitted to the ATF, not from the date you purchase it. There will probably be a week or two period after you make the purchase at SilencerShop, and the time it takes to get out of their verification department and back to you for signatures & submission.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember the 90 day wait begins after it is certified and submitted to the ATF, not from the date you purchase it. There will probably be a week or two period after you make the purchase at SilencerShop, and the time it takes to get out of their verification department and back to you for signatures & submission.
Last time took me 16 months so I'm ok with that extra week...

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. How is their pricing compared to others?
I don’t know yet. I talked to the lady there and she told me the dead air can was out of stock but i could buy through silencer shop. I have no idea how it works as I’ve never done it before. I am going in there tomorrow after work to try and get one. I have been trying to decide on what to get and am now leaning towards a Rugged Surge 7.62. It is on sale for $999 and is regularly $1300. I think Rugged has a rebate. From the results I’ve seen it will be a very good can for my applications. There are so many it’s hard to choose. But I want the quietest I can get. I don’t care how long or heavy it is either. I will post an update this weekend on how it goes.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know yet. I talked to the lady there and she told me the dead air can was out of stock but i could buy through silencer shop. I have no idea how it works as I’ve never done it before. I am going in there tomorrow after work to try and get one. I have been trying to decide on what to get and am now leaning towards a Rugged Surge 7.62. It is on sale for $999 and is regularly $1300. I think Rugged has a rebate. From the results I’ve seen it will be a very good can for my applications. There are so many it’s hard to choose. But I want the quietest I can get. I don’t care how long or heavy it is either. I will post an update this weekend on how it goes.
Check out. Suppressedarmament.com About Us

His pricing at a dealer is usually a little cheaper than direct from him.
The link is for the longest of his three .308 caliber offerings. It should be the most quiet.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you ask about the transfer fee too. IIRC, theirs was one of the higher ones in Oklahoma. And Rugged's rebate is credit for accessory purchases, so unless you're buying extras, not really a bargain.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you ask about the transfer fee too. IIRC, theirs was one of the higher ones in Oklahoma. And Rugged's rebate is credit for accessory purchases, so unless you're buying extras, not really a bargain.
If you order through silencershop and use one of their dealers I don’t believe there are any transfer fees. I bought my last one through them and used Cold Hand Arms here in Oklahoma City and there were no transfer fees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom