ATF Firearm AR-15 Frame Definition Affecting Court Cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is 1 of those silly legal areas that makes those with common sense go WTF.

Although, I also hate when the government starts redefining things midstream as they tend to screw things up worse than before. They mean well, they are usually just misinformed and then have trouble admitting to the mistake.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some opinions and thoughts have been bantered that the BATFE is actually ok with this as it will actually allow them to go ahead and also conclude that the upper receiver is also an essential firearm part and must also become serialized and have a background check as well. This would basically ensure that “complete uppers” would no longer be able to be shipped directly to your door. This would give the .gov more visibility, on paper via 4473, of what you are actually purchasing.

I don’t agree with all the above, just pointing out some of what I’ve seen/heard as some people’s opinions, NOT FACT.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some opinions and thoughts have been bantered that the BATFE is actually ok with this as it will actually allow them to go ahead and also conclude that the upper receiver is also an essential firearm part and must also become serialized and have a background check as well. This would basically ensure that “complete uppers” would no longer be able to be shipped directly to your door. This would give the .gov more visibility, on paper via 4473, of what you are actually purchasing.

I don’t agree with all the above, just pointing out some of what I’ve seen/heard as some people’s opinions, NOT FACT.
Yeah, my assumption is that these rulings will likely result in MORE regulation, not less....

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring this to their attention will most likely result in more regs. To me its like the $200 tax on NFA items . If people keep trying to get that dropped , then the Feds will think they have failed to raise a tax that has been in place for 90 years and raise it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bring this to their attention will most likely result in more regs. To me its like the $200 tax on NFA items . If people keep trying to get that dropped , then the Feds will think they have failed to raise a tax that has been in place for 90 years and raise it.

Yikes. Talk about an unintended consequence . . .

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yikes. Talk about an unintended consequence . . .
An unintended consequence has already arisen. Those pushing that suppressors are not firearms were deemed correct by the SCOTUS. They were redefined as accessories. The same designation given to bump stocks. If folks keep pushing, they will be as illegal as bump stocks with the stroke of a pen.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An unintended consequence has already arisen. Those pushing that suppressors are not firearms were deemed correct by the SCOTUS. They were redefined as accessories. The same designation given to bump stocks. If folks keep pushing, they will be as illegal as bump stocks with the stroke of a pen.

Fair enough, but the folks who would equate the two aren't all there IMO.

Isn't Virginia trying to loop in binary triggers with their gun control bills?

Latest posts

Top Bottom