ATF Hires Wave of New Employees for NFA Branch, Wait Times Expected to Decrease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it ironic that in places like Europ and Africa where gun control is in full swing that not only may suppressors be bought with no additional paperwork but in places their use is even required or encouraged. You couldn't hurt someone with a suppressor unless you hit them with it and they don't get rid of all the noise. What in the world does the BATFE think they're proecting people from?

I've been background checked and fingerprinted multiple times since the early 1980s. How inefficient must the system be when it will take the BATFE many months to figue out AGAIN that I'm OK to trust with a glorified muffler?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not even close to the same subject matter

i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_7D5A4C89_0E54_4BC7_85FC_B215AEB70F2D_zpsd2vdjsut.jpg

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really confused about this issue... isn't this one of the few areas of .gov that could quite easily MAKE money??? I mean, $200 per stamp... surely these employees aren't THAT highly paid??? Stamping a half-dozen apps per day (each) surely would MORE THAN pay for all the salary, benefits and support requirements for every one of those people???

$1,200 (6 approved apps per day) x 5 days per week x 46 weeks per year (allowing for lots of time off) =

$276,000 in revenue generated per year PER employee!

Yet one more example of how the .gov does a terrible terrible job, something the private industry could and would do much much better. Any private industry in their right mind that could virtually GUARANTEE a return on their investment like that... OMG. I mean, you could pay these people 50k per year with another 30k in benefits and STILL have a NET PROFIT of $2.50 for every dollar you spend!

WTH??? How hard is it to run those numbers??? If not for the waiting list, I'd already have a number of NFA items... but jeez.... I just can't justify that kind of money being tied up and unusable for a year-plus.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

Folks, don't loose sight of the fact that the entire purpose of the NFA is to prohibit, restrict, minimize and prevent the ownership of said firearms and devices. Anything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Fight tooth and nail for everything. If it comes out as a positive, take it as the bonus that it is.

Ek

Latest posts

Top Bottom