ATF reclassifying frames and recievers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
490 some responses currently. Comment period runs until August.
Mine:
This bill/legislation is only targeting law abiding citizens. It does nothing to actually stop crime or apprehend the people who are already breaking the law.
By passing this bill you will be making millions of American law abiding citizens criminals just by owning guns without serial numbers.
Serial numbers were not required on firearms prior to the gun control act of 1968.
Making guns without serial numbers illegal is not going to solve any gun crime issues as those guns are almost never used in any crime.
I ask that this proposed legislation be tabled for not being in the best interest of law abiding citizens.
Thank you for considering my comments that are accompanied with facts.

Feel free with permission to copy and use this or use it as a basis to create your own comments.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be a gun nut, post facts they can research. Use the FBI crime statistics against them.
Definitely don’t curse, they expressedly state that any profanity will be grounds to remove/ignore comments.
I personally think the “what part of shall not be infringed don’t you understand” does harm, rather than good as well. But I see that in so many comments.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one of my comments that was submitted from here . . . feel free to add your own twist if you want.

I OPPOSE the ATF's proposed unconstitutional receiver rule that would redefine a firearm frame or receiver to broadly expand the various types and numbers of items the ATF considers to be regulated firearms.

Additionally, I OPPOSE this rule because it also pursues to redefine "firearm" and "gunsmith" in such a manner as to give the federal government more control over gun owners and those who provide gun repair services.

This rule would also codify new definitions for terms such as "complete weapon," "silencer device," and "privately made firearm" for purposes of prosecution and law enforcement that would greatly increase the legal risk for gun owners in the US.

I also OPPOSE the proposed radical change to ATF regulations on firearm recordkeeping, engraving and marking.

Lastly, this horrible rule would allow the ATF the ability to grant itself legal authority to issue new anti-2A rules and regulations outside of the APA of 1946 rulemaking process.

Again, I vehemently OPPOSE the ATF's Proposed Rule 2021R-05.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
490 some responses currently. Comment period runs until August.

I'm fairly certain they make their websites as hard to discern as possible to keep us in the dark. I also see the 439 (just a minute ago) comments but then find this. It's hard to tell which way is up on regulations.gov!

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 11.18.30 AM.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom