ATF stings locally through private sales/private sale stories...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yourmomnova

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You def read that right. After hearing what they did with the Whitmire kidnapping deal, they will 100% set you up and try and entice you into breaking the law. Done tons of deals on AL and only had one super sketchy sounding guy. He led his message with "IM A SEMI-RETIRED INVESTIGATOR FOR blah blah blah.... SO I AM TRUSTWORTHY". No one good leads a convo with why you should trust them.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built my two ARs on a folding table sitting on my sofa while watching NASCAR on TV. No vises or fancy jigs. I do recommend using lots of painter's tape when trying to seat the bolt catch roll pin, as well as a roll pin punch. That's the only tool I regret going cheap on.
Pressed mine in with chanell locks with black tape on the jaws

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pressed mine in with chanell locks with black tape on the jaws
Knipex makes an awesome set of smooth jaw pliers that are perfect for roll pins. The way theyre hinged, they press in a linear fashion, not in an arc like normal pliers.

1660572113723.jpeg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had anything shady happen on here, but on armslist I have. I have told numerous stories and warned people about the shady people I encounter. Every single time. I could write a chapter of a book with how many shady people have contacted me. I'm pretty sure the ATF watches this website.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom