ATF stings locally through private sales/private sale stories...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve met a fair share of sketch people through mostly Armslist, but also here. Not always dangerous type of sketch, but also like what are they REALLY after here.

My buying/selling days are mostly behind me now, but sometimes when I reflect back, I wonder how many folks I met that were up to something. Obviously I never took any bait for those offering sketchy sh1t or those soliciting me for nfa things in person, but makes me wonder.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to change the subject but I had two controlled deliveries with Guitar Amp Vacuum Tubes a couple of years ago. A USPS truck and a delivery man I have never seen in 17 years at this address. Showed up late in the evening with a arm full of mail and asked for a signature. Then he realized it was no sig required. Then he asked to use my bathroom! I let him use the bathroom that had a couple of reloading manuals on the shelf below the hand towel cabinet and just BS'd for a minute. Sure enough a couple weeks later he showed up with another little box of tubes from the UKRAINE. Asked to use the bathroom again. Its 1800 hrs in the evening. This time I let him in my music room were I had a couple of amps and guitars tore down waiting on parts I havent seen him since but this was pre-covid, pre Ukraine invasion. Tubes were NOS Russian Military Jet and Missile tubes from the Cold War. They have 10K to 15K hours of life and built very rugged, very quite without noise and I could get them for $5 to 8 bucks delivered. They were called the Russian Generals retirement plan as there was supposedly warehouses of them in storage. I thought If this raised a flag to them I wonder what powder or primers would do? Im kinda of scared of ordering those Items and having them delivered. Swat team do the delivery?

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met a guy and he was wearing two full bandolero's, criss-crossed, with a large sombrero, and a gold tooth. I instantly thought him to be an undercover Biden ATF agent. Sure enough, when I asked to see his badge he replied "Badge? I don't need no stinking badge!" WHEW! Close call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom