ATF suspends accessory classifications.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you slap something on your evil implement, send it to them and they deem it NFA, I'm guessing you ain't getting it back?
Notice: Discontinuance of Accessory Classifications
Effective Immediately

The Firearms Technology Industry Services Branch (FTISB) classifies firearms as defined by the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) based on the configuration and the design features of the firearm as submitted by members of the industry. Effective immediately, any requests for a determination on how an accessory affects the classification of a firearm under the GCA or NFA must include a firearm with the accessory already installed. Except in cases of conditional import determinations, FTISB will not issue a determination on an accessory unless it is attached to the submitted firearm.

If you have previously submitted a sample accessory for classification, FTISB will be returning your sample without classification. FTISB will contact you in the near future with further instructions to facilitate the return of your sample.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/notice-discontinuance-accessory-classifications

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure this ain’t directed to you unless you’re a manufacturer and desiring a ruling on something to ascertain if it falls under NFA or not.

But, hey, I been wrong before....

This is how I read it, too. So if a manufacturer of an accessory, say an angled foregrip, already has a letter of approval from the ATF, they should be GTG.

Until the ATF goes against their own regulations and declares their previous position to be, uh, what it’s always been. Opposed to the accessory, yes, that’s it, we never said it was OK.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is only for manufacturers.
If you plan to setup and really manufacture something, you can afford to send a sample.

Latest posts

Top Bottom