ATF to reclassify AR and AK pistols as AOW’s!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda take that as belittling. Sorry if you disagree, but it was said (contextually) in a disparaging way. So yeah, I take it as a bit of a belittling comment. Disagree if you like, that's your right.

these are strange and troubling times. I understand how sensitivities can run higher. I’m sorry if you took a simple statement as a slight. Tell me it isn’t an accurate and I’ll gladly apologize for the sentiment.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have zero concern and I'm not skeered of Joe.

I've noticed a few AR pistols in the classifieds here lately. Maybe there are some folks here worried about this but I'm not.

I’m with you all the way. I wish I had some disposable cash. I’d buy the AR pistols that are being put up sale. With some price negotiation of course.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
these are strange and troubling times. I understand how sensitivities can run higher. I’m sorry if you took a simple statement as a slight. Tell me it isn’t an accurate and I’ll gladly apologize for the sentiment.

Yeah, I think it isn't accurate. There. I think buying things that may very well be in danger of not being available isn't "bonkers". So that's my opinion. You have yours.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen nothing has happened yet. YET. I believe, IF I am reading all of this correctly, that ban will mainly be towards future imports of “pistol” like weapons from non-United States based companies. What I am having trouble finding is what happens to the millions of Americans who currently own Pistol Braced AR15 pistols and/or AKs. I can’t imagine that all of the sudden those firearms will be illegal unless lawfully registered as SBRs and AOWs. I stand by my previous points that I don’t think any of this will actually happen. This crap happens every time there is an election. The gun community goes bonkers grabbing ammunition and firearms in fear of impending bans. Just one mans opinion mind you.
Well we aren't likely to take back the house and the Senate is on thin ice. Possible Biden win.

Doesn't look so good considering the possible election outcome

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure what to make of any of this right now. The polls had Hillary winning in 2016. Then Trump pulled out a win. I can’t honestly say I see it playing out this way twice.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, it's the information in the letter that is available. That's the part that everyone is having an issue understanding. It specifically states for importation. Take from it what you want, but then again, I see how something as simple as the left lane law in Oklahoma is not understood either. In either case, since I'm not getting the point across, I'll concede the rest of this conversation to let you believe what you will and tell me I told you so later.

I guess you're pointing out a detail in that case, and you may be 100% correct.

My concern is, this and any other detail, part, process the ATF (a non-elected body) deems illegal can make you a felon. That is why I oppose any regulation the good folks at the ATF concoct, Congress is supposed to make laws, not regulatory agencies.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have zero concern and I'm not skeered of Joe.

I've noticed a few AR pistols in the classifieds here lately. Maybe there are some folks here worried about this but I'm not.
mines in the classifieds because I never get to shoot it and I'm getting ready to move to ft worth. I hope joe comes to take it himself

Micoolc

AATH
Reaction score
I'm curious. I thought a stripped lower receiver was already considered an AOW? Last time I bought one it was marked on the paper work that way. Similar to how the 14" barrel shotgun is legal when made oal 26". Not registered as shotgun but AOW. Is this something different?

Latest posts

Top Bottom