ATF wants to Cut Gun Control Regulations – They Should Eliminate Themselves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FINALLY!, the terms “COMMON SENSE” & “A GOOD FIRST STEP” can be used on something dealing with gun control. :thumb:

http://thewashingtonstandard.com/atf-wants-cut-gun-control-regulations-eliminate/
ATF wants to Cut Gun Control Regulations – They Should Eliminate Themselves
Tim Brown/ February 6, 2017

..."The report, submitted by Associate Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer Ronald B. Turk, called for deregulation concerning gun suppressors and lifting the ban on importing semi-automatic rifles.

Turk claims the report was intended to “promote commerce and defend the Second Amendment,” but fails to call for elimination of every illegal federal gun law and the elimination of his own agency."...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rector-ban-import-assault-rifles-nonsensical/
ATF Associate Deputy Director: ‘Assault Weapons’ Import Ban Nonsensical
by AWR Hawkins 7 Feb 2017

"In a “white paper” published by the Washington Post, ATF Associate Deputy Director Ronald Turk shows that a continued ban on the importation of numerous “assault weapons” is nonsensical.

The reasons behind his assessment include the growing use of AR-15s and similar rifles for hunting and shooting sports."...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This needs to be done as legislation, not administrative reinterpretation. Anything less leaves the door open for BATFE to "reinterpret" again when the winds change.

While I completely agree with you, absent passed legislation I'm OK with a Trump appointed BATFE Director "refocusing" the agency for at least 4-8 years! :)

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I completely agree with you, absent passed legislation I'm OK with a Trump appointed BATFE Director "refocusing" the agency for at least 4-8 years! :)
Amen, brother. Take what we can get right now, and work for more.
I shot skeet with the Mid-Atlantic regional director of the ATF, and he thought pointless regulations should be dropped in favor of catching career criminals. He actually proposed dropping the restriction on only buying a hand gun in your own state (since insta-check works anywhere) and the prior administration told him to shut up.
The ATF guys are not crusaders against all gun laws, they are pragmatic and they don't like wasting their time enforcing pointless laws.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen, brother. Take what we can get right now, and work for more.
I shot skeet with the Mid-Atlantic regional director of the ATF, and he thought pointless regulations should be dropped in favor of catching career criminals. He actually proposed dropping the restriction on only buying a hand gun in your own state (since insta-check works anywhere) and the prior administration told him to shut up.
The ATF guys are not crusaders against all gun laws, they are pragmatic and they don't like wasting their time enforcing pointless laws.

I can only imagine what he thought of enforcing 922(r)!

Latest posts

Top Bottom