Athlon optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Anyone have first hand experience with Athlon optics? I need a new spotting scope and after considerable research I've got to spend $1200+ for American made with Japanese glass. I'd like to stay at $500 or less for a good range style spotting scope; probably Chinese made.
Considering Athlon...opinions please.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never used an Athlon spotting scope but have a couple of their rifle scopes. Had to use their service once on a cheap one. Shipped it Monday had a replacement at my house on Friday. The other is a mid tier scope and its been great so far.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never used an Athlon spotting scope but have a couple of their rifle scopes. Had to use their service once on a cheap one. Shipped it Monday had a replacement at my house on Friday. The other is a mid tier scope and its been great so far.
Same here. So far I have been pleased with the brand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Athlon had a demo day at our range awhile back. The Reps brought out scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars. All seemed very clear. That's my total experience with them.
On another forum I'm on, one of the members bought one of the spotting scopes. Said it was incredibly clear. Was mid range priced in the $400 area if I remember right.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call Doug at Camera Land NY if you're considering Athlon, best prices you'll find and he will give you honest comparison to anything else in your budget. 516-217-1000

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Athlon is good midpriced stuff. I've used one of their low-end scopes on my 6.5PRC, shot out to 300y at Ponca at our last ENS. It was ok, for a scope that cost... prolly $125 or something?

The Arken I have now is worlds better, but it was a good bit more expensive. I think you can get good deals for what you spend on the Athlon.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have first hand experience with Athlon optics? I need a new spotting scope and after considerable research I've got to spend $1200+ for American made with Japanese glass. I'd like to stay at $500 or less for a good range style spotting scope; probably Chinese made.
Considering Athlon...opinions please.

Look at the Bushnell T-Series Spotting Scope. It’s it and Athlon but it’s within your price range on Amazon. I have one and I have been really happy with it. It’s first focal plane with a mil reticle. It’s also has a rubberized coating to protect it and is small enough to easily take to the range or use on a bench.

https://www.bushnell.com/spotting-s...ries-spotting-scope-15-45x60/BU-781545ED.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BNSHXCU?tag=sse-2-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Latest posts

Top Bottom