Atlas Bipod Knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Case closed. The ultimate bipod
funny homemade bipod.jpg

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Here is something else for all of you, "Buy American" flag wavers to chew on and digest. This all revolves around the old saying, "You only get what you pay for". The problem with that is it works both ways. What we have here is a company that sells a very high quality bipod, (Atlas). They also charge an arm and a leg for it. ($229.00 to $339.00 depending on the model).

Many people, including myself, do not think they are worth that. Or else do not want or require that level of quality, and or expense. So they are going to shop for something similar that is cheaper. Many will purchase a copy, much like several of the one's offered on Amazon. Will they be as good? Perhaps not. But in the grand scheme of things, they will work well for their intended purpose. (We're not all "operators" shooting our $25K sniper rifles in a harsh combat environment).

The fact is Atlas brought a lot of this on themselves, by pricing their models beyond the affordability range of the overall market. If they had brought out a less expensive model, they would be more competitive, and at the same time, would not have created such a large market for cheaper copies.

And you cannot make up for this by screaming, "Buy American!", along with all the MAGA!, flag waving bull$h!t. Even Trump purchased Chinese furnishings for his 5 Star Hotels. And he's the king of MAGA! He also has a keen sense of value. Which is why he does it.... Just like I did.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is something else for all of you, "Buy American" flag wavers to chew on and digest. This all revolves around the old saying, "You only get what you pay for". The problem with that is it works both ways. What we have here is a company that sells a very high quality bipod, (Atlas). They also charge an arm and a leg for it. ($229.00 to $339.00 depending on the model).

Many people, including myself, do not think they are worth that. Or else do not want or require that level of quality, and or expense. So they are going to shop for something similar that is cheaper. Many will purchase a copy, much like several of the one's offered on Amazon. Will they be as good? Perhaps not. But in the grand scheme of things, they will work well for their intended purpose. (We're not all "operators" shooting our $25K sniper rifles in a harsh combat environment).

The fact is Atlas brought a lot of this on themselves, by pricing their models beyond the affordability range of the overall market. If they had brought out a less expensive model, they would be more competitive, and at the same time, would not have created such a large market for cheaper copies.

And you cannot make up for this by screaming, "Buy American!", along with all the MAGA!, flag waving bull$h!t. Even Trump purchased Chinese furnishings for his 5 Star Hotels. And he's the king of MAGA! He also has a keen sense of value. Which is why he does it.... Just like I did.
youre just a cheap ass.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess if you buy two, you're a "big spender" now.

The issue I have with this post is not that you're happy you found a cheaper alternative that you think will do the same thing...but your post tries to belittle Atlas and and the people who have them. Lets hear from you in a few years and see if it still locks up as tight and holds tension like the Atlas bipods do. Based on the reviews of your beloved knockoff...it wont.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you prove it to me. Go out and buy two of them, big spender.
buy two? I aint buying one. My harrises are just fine for my needs.
Never try to bs a bs-er.
nothing wrong with just saying You like the way the atlas looks, and you like the features, but youre not blowing that kind of $ on a real atlas. plenty of guys who own AR's put airsoft crap on em. you aint alone by any means. But trying to get all economic on our arses just proves the bs.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The issue I have with this post is not that you're happy you found a cheaper alternative that you think will do the same thing...but your post tries to belittle Atlas and and the people who have them. Lets hear from you in a few years and see if it still locks up as tight and holds tension like the Atlas bipods do. Based on the reviews of your beloved knockoff...it wont.

I'm not "belittling" anyone. If someone feels the need, or wants to drop $300.00+ on a bipod, go for it and enjoy it. Don't let me stop you. But don't try to tell me it's not overpriced because it is. I like quality just as much as the next guy. But I'm not going to throw away money in some foolish economic attempt to get it.

Atlas chose their pricing, just as I chose not to pay it. Had they been more realistic and reasonable, I very well might have purchased one. And as I said, it's a rifle bipod for God's sake, not an aircraft engine. If I have to replace it down the road for whatever reason, I can do so several times over for what I would have over paid for the Atlas. I don't expect $300.00+ dollar quality for $49.00. But it's like I said, "getting what you pay for", works both ways.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7DB22E98-C22D-4C44-913C-FCA7513D82A8.jpeg

Jesus Christ **** Son, go be poor somewhere else. Nobody here needs a manifesto of why you can’t afford or can’t justify buying anything. I’ll speak for the group and say we simply don’t care whether you like it or not or how you want to politicize it. I feel dumber for having read your trolling posts.

Edited to add a pic of my Atlas, sorry if that triggers you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom