ATN X-sight 2...anybody?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to looking at these yesterday...that seems like ALOT of features for the price. Any knowledge or thoughts?

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day-night-rifle-scope-5-20x

One thing that scares me...my buddy has an ATN Thor he bought probably 4 years ago for somewhere around $6k and it went blank a few months back. Sent it in to ATN and it cost him $1,500 to repair it, 3 months to do so and when he got it back it lasted 6 shots (AR shooting 300AAC) before it took a crap again. I dont know if he got "lucky" with their service or if thats what I should expect if I have an issue in the future.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up a 3-14 X Sight 2. I've played with it in the backyard and I took it out of town to a roadside field is all so far. The IR light the came with it was basically junk. But a little Streamlight TL2 IR will turn night into day for about 300+ yards. They're pretty neat. You can see all sorts of bugs, bats, and anything else out and about.

I zeroed it at 25 yards, still have to get a good 100 yard zero so I can go play with it. Get the external battery they chew AA batteries like crazy. Oh and a good SD card is just about a must. Get on the ATN facebook group, I've seen ATN reps bend over backwards to make things right a couple of times in that group.

EDIT: NV stuff has came a lonnnnnnggggg ways in the last 4 years. Before that it took mega $$$$ to get just mediocre capability. That's why this is the 1st piece I've bought.

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked a 3-14 up at the December Diener show in Tulsa. They are amazing. A buddy got one at an Academy in Tulsa. We have not used them very much yet. I have mine sighted in at 100 yds and it is dead nuts on. Held zero even after changing the base out. You can plug in the ballistics for your load and save it for use with the programmed ballistics calculator. The calculator works well if you input the correct range. Spend a little more and get ATN's laser range finder. It pairs with the scope thru blue tooth. I can PM a link to a video taken thru the scope if you'd like. It's a little boring but you can get an idea of what it's like.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do these units cost? I don't have pigs in my area, so they would be mainly for casual viewing of the woods around the house, but it would still be interesting.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do these units cost? I don't have pigs in my area, so they would be mainly for casual viewing of the woods around the house, but it would still be interesting.

$600'ish depending on which model and extra goodies you add. I picked up a screaming deal on mine. Only used a couple of times, he didn't ever even have to recharge the external battery with how much he used it so it was basically new.

I think they make binocs too. NV is more affordable than thermal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$600'ish depending on which model and extra goodies you add. I picked up a screaming deal on mine. Only used a couple of times, he didn't ever even have to recharge the external battery with how much he used it so it was basically new.

I think they make binocs too. NV is more affordable than thermal.
Isn't Thermal better than IR?

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I gave $549OTD, Academy was $599+tax. Add external battery, cord, SD card, and battery holder for $100. The range finder was $250 shipped from American Legacy Fishing Co.

One neat feature is the still or video recording capability, thus add the mini SD card. Fun to play with.

I have only seen videos of the thermal type, but the cost difference pointed me to the IR NV.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis - Sometime back AR15.com wrote about that -- one is good to see thing in the dark and the other is good for IFF of targets in dark . and thermal can be use the find bodies during daylight in cover -ie bad guys or game in bush / heavy grass

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought the 3x12 gen 1 a couple of years back and got it for $399 shipped to my door. I have played around with it off of a gun but have yet to mount and sight it in, I was getting ready to do some hog hunting on my parents place since they seen some signs once but it didnt pan out they have yet to find anymore signs so still waiting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom