ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For 500 bucks, i did not feel bad purchasing mine. That is a drop in the bucket for any night vision capability. As someone who ran early night vision during desert storm, i think the tech is amazing. There are videos out there of guys with nicer IR painters hunting hogs out to 400 yards without issue while recording the video of their kills and then uploading it to youtube. You don't have to guess what it looks like. You can do stare and compares with different levels of tech and decide yourself.

There is always going to be a point of diminishing returns. People talking it down because they are trying to justify a 5000 dollar night optic are acting like royalty. Comparing the two is like comparing a mustang with a 400,000 dollar supercar and you are left with the same question - is what you are looking to do with it worth the price difference? Can you get the job done with the cheaper equipment or do you actually need the 5000 dollar night optic? It seems like a few people are getting it done with the cheaper optic. I will admit i lean towards the middle of the road on most optics. I get by with Sig, Burris, and a lot of Phillippino glass, so take that as a baseline.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
own both atn xsight II and atn thor lt. Once you understand the expectations in usage and the capabilities of it then you won't be disappointed. Atn xsight II has been a great day and night hunting scope within 150 yards. Keep in mind you're looking at a back lit digital screen and not straight glass. Can take some getting use to. All the bells and whistles are nice but more of gimmick for me. One shot zero will get you really close if not perfect for 100 yard shots. Bluetooth your image to a cell phone or ipad is great, especially at the range for easy of use. Most of the complaints I hear about this scope are really the user not understanding what scope is capable of. Just because its marketed as new technology and electronic doesn't make it the latest and greatest thing on earth or that it will be suitable for every type of shooting. And Yes... upgrade the IR light right out of the gate. Bought a wicked IR light which is incredible.

ATN Thor LT is the best entry into the thermal game bar none. Again, understanding what your getting and its capabilities. Detail at 100 yards and beyond isn't there. Can you tell if its a deer or hog, sure... easy. But its great image at 75 yards and less. Just this weekend out hunting hogs at night. Full moon so you can tell there is something in the field. Pull up the thermal and you see deer, rabbits, raccoons and finally big male pig strolling out. Yes, one less male pig on the property. Are there better thermal, oh hell yes... but you'll pay for it. Again, understand what your getting, and ask yourself the questions - how do you want to use it or what are my needs out of it?

Only complaint is for us getting older hunters... having a thicker reticle would be nice since most shots are 100 yards or less. Digital software you would think its an easy upgrade and trust me I send in 10 emails a year to them asking for it.

Since I love the thermal so much, might be putting the xsight up for sale on the cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom