ATT Vs Puretalk Cell Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received my monthly ATT bill and they went up $6.00 on me, I can afford to pay it but it is the principle of the thing. They never advised me that they were going to to charge more and some of you guys are going to tell me "everything costs more with the inflation." I know that but as I said, it si the principle of the thing and it irritates me.
I have 3.34 GB data with ATT at $63.32 per month (we don't use all the data anyway) but Puretalk uses the same cell towers-etc that ATT does and Puretalk has a variety of plans, ones that interests me is $30.00 per month with 6 GB of data and $35.00 with 10 GB of data. We bought our cell phone so that isn't an issue.
Anyone use Puretalk? It seems like a bargain at a glance.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Consumer Cellular due to AT&T costs. They use the same AT&T towers, we've had no hiccups in service and no difference in connectivity. Much cheaper.
Sorry, no input on Puretalk.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Consumer Cellular due to AT&T costs. They use the same AT&T towers, we've had no hiccups in service and no difference in connectivity. Much cheaper.
Thanks, I'll check Consumer cellular.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knows how you feel i had the same felling when i got my bill also and wife called and had a hard talk with them over it and after the reveiwed my bill they had been charging me for insurance on a phone that they wasnt allow to insure to begin with so got that taken care of. But i figured they just raised my rates to get back some of their money since i had just cancelled our land line and reevaluated our direct and got that bill lower also. But am also looking into going somewhere else for cell service.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My AT&T service with unlimited talk, text and data is cheaper ($48.75 vs $55) in part due to .mil discount and a $10/mo. discount for auto-pay. I didn't see any discounts on Consumer Cellular's site. ($5/mo. for auto-pay already included in the $55 price)

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received my monthly ATT bill and they went up $6.00 on me, I can afford to pay it but it is the principle of the thing. They never advised me that they were going to to charge more and some of you guys are going to tell me "everything costs more with the inflation." I know that but as I said, it si the principle of the thing and it irritates me.
I have 3.34 GB data with ATT at $63.32 per month (we don't use all the data anyway) but Puretalk uses the same cell towers-etc that ATT does and Puretalk has a variety of plans, ones that interests me is $30.00 per month with 6 GB of data and $35.00 with 10 GB of data. We bought our cell phone so that isn't an issue.
Anyone use Puretalk? It seems like a bargain at a glance.
Check your spam folder. ATT sent me an email last month telling me they were going up.

It’s Suddenlink and Direct TV that never gives you a warning before springing a price increase on you, but neither is ever getting another nickel from me. :finger:

Latest posts

Top Bottom