ATT Vs Puretalk Cell Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are over 55, take a look at T-Mobile Magenta Max 55+ plan. We made the switch because of AT&T raising the rates. Only been a month, but I am happy with the speed and the coverage.
T-Mobile has good service and very good tech support, however their security (as well as advice) is poor at best. I was a victim of a sim card swap on my T-Mobile account. It was really frustrating when it happened. T-Mobile advised me to change my number, my answer was hell no. If I had changed my number I would not have been able to recover compromised accounts and would have lost A LOT more. Also LifeLock was worse than useless, never even called me back after filing 4 reports of identity theft stemming from the sim swap. Just cancelled the investigations within minutes of me reporting. It wasn't until the account was to renew 6 months later that I found out why (Fifth Investigation), bitcoin is not covered under any of their plans. Unfortunately I had paid the full year up front.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last night I went on the ATT website and chatted with an agent telling them that I was going to switch to another carrier unless they had a more reasonable outcome than the $63 plus change figure they gave me. They ended up giving me unlimited data with throttling, unlimited text, calling etc for $40.00 per month plus taxes/fees. It'll be around $48. per month after military break which is a darn sight better than the $63.++ they were going to charge. I'll see how it works out over the next few months. Thanks for all your inputm you guys had some great reviews on alternative carriers.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night I went on the ATT website and chatted with an agent telling them that I was going to switch to another carrier unless they had a more reasonable outcome than the $63 plus change figure they gave me. They ended up giving me unlimited data with throttling, unlimited text, calling etc for $40.00 per month plus taxes/fees. It'll be around $48. per month after military break which is a darn sight better than the $63.++ they were going to charge. I'll see how it works out over the next few months. Thanks for all your inputm you guys had some great reviews on alternative carriers.

The throttling can be a bear. We have Verizon for two phones, a tablet, and a MiFi Jetpack for internet when we are out on the road. We have unlimited on the MiFi, but when we hit the 15-gig limit, it starts to slow down fairly well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will stay with AT&T as long as we are traveling.
One just has to look at some of the RV apps like RV Life as an example.
They list all of the carriers for each site. It’s almost hands down AT&T offers service while others do not or are spotty
If your stationary in a city you can pretty much select the lowest price carrier and move on.
On the other hand if your mobile, a lot of those carriers don’t offer service outside of urban areas. Yeah, they show a map of their coverage, but it’s not reality. We are around people daily that have no cell service using Verizon and t mobile while we use hotspot to stream on a smart TV.
The next three RV parks we will visit only list AT&T for cellular service. We verified that through reviews.
My next tip is to check with your carrier every 6 months to see if your plan is the best for you.
We did not check with ours for maybe three or so years. Our new Rv came with a Wingard antenna that required a chip and a monthly plan from our carrier.
Going to the AT&T store to get a SIM card and plan, the lady said our plan that was unlimited with 40 gigs of hotspot had improved to 100 gigs of hotspot and the price went down about $15 a month with the special going on.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what makes me mad when the price goes up they are quick to add it to your bill but if for some reason it goes down you have to call and ask for it or any upgrades that are cheaper.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have used tracfone going on 15 years ,,, works good,,mostly just calls and texts,, cheap refurbished smart phones,i buy a 25$ card every two months,, ,but lately i have been using mobile data and internet with no problems,,but it eats up my data fast,,i have att home internet which i am changing, if u download a tv show or movie from a torrent web site like pirate bay,att has a fit and threatens to disconnect your service,,dont buy LG phones they are getting out of the cell phone business..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom