Attempting to make sense of things.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CityHillBilly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, for those who don't know, HB 1428 recently passed and was signed by the Govoner last week.
Bill is as follows (Or you can click here for the full bill.)
21 O.S. 2011, Section 1290.9
3. Be at least:
a. twenty-one (21) years of age, or
b. eighteen (18) years of age but not yet twenty-one (21) years of age and the person is a member or veteran of the United States Armed Forces, the Reserves or National Guard, or the person was discharged under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard;
The underline is what is being amended
I am a 20 year old patiently waiting to acquire my CCW when I turn 21. In my attempts to read out the laws, i'm becoming confused.
Federally, I am unable to acquire a handgun from a FFL Dealer until I am 21, But i can have it given to me or traded or whatever, as long as we send in the paperwork. I won't be able to take said handgun to a gun range without a 21 year old being present, so no range time. I will however be able to start taking classes and submitting the paperwork for my CCW in November , when the law is effective.

So taking all that into account, I can get the handgun now, just have to wait to use it until i"m 21, and have to wait to acquire my CCW until November?

If anyone is more knowledgeable, please help inform me on what the law states.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you get the idea you have to be 21 to take a handgun to the gun range without a 21 y/o accompanying you?

And you don't have to file any paperwork if you acquire a handgun in a private transaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom