Attorney recommendation for general contractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any recommendations on an attorney that handles GC's that wont hold up their end of a contract?
We have a contract for our to be built for X amount of money. Long story short, a 5 month build didn't start for 5 months amd now we're 18 months in and he's been absent since Aug. He says they were waiting on siding (covid). Feb come around and the siding guy calls me wanting money, money we paid in March of last year. So again, long story short. We have no siding, no rock , a few interior things and touch up. We also have been informed that our windows are junk and need to be replaced. The windows we're replacing them with are actually what he has in our contract, not the junk he put in. So it looks like there's about $10k left and $80 k to finish.
After talking to him, he acts like it on me and "he'll help any way he can with labor" but acts like he doesn't have a contract.
So any past experience or references would be awesome

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago we had something similar happen. We had very good results with these guys. They love going to trial too if it goes that far they'll get you a good jury (as much as possible) and educate them before asking for the world, fenced, and with guard towers.

Humphreys Wallace Humphreys P.C.
Consumer Advocates & Trial Lawyers
9202 South Toledo Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74137
918-747-5300

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any recommendations on an attorney that handles GC's that wont hold up their end of a contract?
We have a contract for our to be built for X amount of money. Long story short, a 5 month build didn't start for 5 months amd now we're 18 months in and he's been absent since Aug. He says they were waiting on siding (covid). Feb come around and the siding guy calls me wanting money, money we paid in March of last year. So again, long story short. We have no siding, no rock , a few interior things and touch up. We also have been informed that our windows are junk and need to be replaced. The windows we're replacing them with are actually what he has in our contract, not the junk he put in. So it looks like there's about $10k left and $80 k to finish.
After talking to him, he acts like it on me and "he'll help any way he can with labor" but acts like he doesn't have a contract.
So any past experience or references would be awesome

You probably better hurry because I am sure there is a line to sue this company. So much of this happened during the last 2 years, it would boggle the mind. The corruption is rising to the top.

https://www.newson6.com/story/61e89...s-asked-to-pay-more-contracts-broken-midbuild

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many bids, contracts and jobs got caught in lumber shortage and skyrocketing costs.

Lawyer may be your only recourse to recover some monies. Don't expect the job to get done. A new contract will most likely double in price.

We were looking into a metal shop. Got the bid on Saturday. Bid was marked "Prices good until Monday 5 pm"

Latest posts

Top Bottom