Atwoods may not be the store you want to rob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assuming that they weren't stealing for Coats for Kids, aren't there better uses of your burglary time and effort?
Not a burglary. Just plain old theft. Felony theft if over $1,000.

love this.

"They were able to get in the car and drive off, they didn't get any merchandise though," said Enzbrenner. “One of the suspects was kind enough to leave her phone behind.”

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It blows my mind how crappy retail security cameras typically are. I know pennies add up on a build out, but having a good enough image to catch thieves will keep you store from being an easy target. You would think that would pay for the slight cost increase especially if you just upgrade the ones at the entrances.
it's because people got hung up on "video" and didn't realize an actual camera taking higher res shots at a set interval is more effective for the reasons you just stated.

not knowing exactly what format those cameras use, but it's probably very low bitrate because video gets big really fast. nowadays all the money is in the ai system, while the camera itself is still crap.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily due to this story, but as many of you know the folks that shop at Atwoods, like myself, are NOT (edit) your typical Walmart shopper. Normally, my first stop is the gun counter.

I think the pukes that tried to rob the place got lucky they ran into a bada$$ 71 year old female. She was able to keep the store from being robbed. Not sure what would have happened if someone was carrying and came across some jackwagon trying to choke out an employee.

And I am not sure what kind of employees they have in Mannford, but in the stores I shop in Rogers county, there are some big ole farm boys running around that place. I'm 6'4" @ 250 lbs and those boys make me looks small.

71-Year-Old Mannford Woman Hurt After Stepping In To Help Stop 2 Shoplifters​

MANNFORD, Oklahoma -

A 71-Year-Old Grandmother has a black eye after she was punched in the face at Atwoods in Sand Springs while trying to stop two shoplifters.
Peggy Swineheart says one of the shoplifters had a store employee in a chokehold, so she stepped in to help.
"She had him in such a tight chokehold, I really thought he was going to die,” said Swineheart.

Swineheart stopped at AtwoodsTuesday night to buy a new smoker. She says while she was there she noticed two women carrying dozens of coats.

"I thought well that's weird, but then when I got to the checkout stand I could see the manager was upset and he said they're not going to get by with that again,” said Swineheart.

Peggy says the employees started to block the door to try to stop the women from leaving and an employee knocked the clothes out of her arms. Peggy says the woman then started punching the 18-Year-Old employee and the other woman had him in a chokehold, so Peggy went over and started hitting one of the women trying to help.

"Finally she let go and she came right for me and boom boom,” said Swineheart. "She knocked me down on the ground and I was bleeding right here on my forehead."

Sand Springs Police say the two women then left the store and got into a black car. Deputy Chief Todd Enzbrenner says they were trying to steal about $1,200.00 worth of clothes

"They were able to get in the car and drive off, they didn't get any merchandise though," said Enzbrenner. “One of the suspects was kind enough to leave her phone behind.”

"I'm just glad it turned out okay,” said Swineheart. “If she would've had a knife or a gun, we would've been in trouble."

Peggy just turned 71 and recently had cataract surgery. She says she still has some bruising from the surgery and from a recent fall. Peggy says she’s just thankful she and the employee are both okay.

“You don't think about it, you just react and that's all I knew to do, just beat on her until hopefully, she'd let go,” said Swineheart. “It was the right thing to do. I would hope someone would do that for me or my grand kid.”

Police say one of the women left her phone behind, so they are working to identify her from that, but they say if you know who they are call 918-245-8777.
https://www.newson6.com/story/618c5...-after-stepping-in-to-help-stop-2-shoplifters
I am sorry……..but for a few MMA fighters no woman is going to be able to get me in a choke hold much less hold me in a choke hold without taking an a$$ whipping. Yes in this instance I would hit a woman, she would get full equality at that moment. One exception is Rhonda Rousey, I would let her choke me for obvious and slightly vile reasons :laugh6:

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
It blows my mind how crappy retail security cameras typically are. I know pennies add up on a build out, but having a good enough image to catch thieves will keep you store from being an easy target. You would think that would pay for the slight cost increase especially if you just upgrade the ones at the entrances.
We have cameras on freaking Mars than can zoom in on a grain of sand. The typical security camera might give you enough resolution to guess if the perp might be a human.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have cameras on freaking Mars than can zoom in on a grain of sand. The typical security camera might give you enough resolution to guess if the perp might be a human.
Yeah... but those cameras weren't cheap. :D

I agree that better cameras should be the norm. Wonder what the average age of current surveillance equipment is...
:drunk2:
___

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like they know who they are. The same crew robbed the Atwoods in Sapulpa a few weeks ago. The Sand Springs PD is asking for information, but apparently the have identified the suspects.
imagine robbing multiple stores and only getting clothes.
like holy crap rob the goodwill donation center if that's all you want.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom