Austin Bombs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate crime ? Have they ruled out drugs or gangs activity already?

Montopolis is a low income, mainly Latino neighborhood located very close to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. One of the poorest neighborhoods in the city in terms of income, it has suffered a reputation for being rundown and crime-infested.

http://www.austintexasinsider.com/austinneighborhood-montopolis.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duh. Also, the contaminated packages were national news. And, also, DUH! Gee, we worry about suspicious packages at the airport, and everywhere else, and "if you see something, say something," but an unexpected package from nobody I know shows up on my door? Sounds legit!
No kidding. I was in the Cleveland Ohio Airport awhile back and saw a guy leave his briefcase on a seat in an unoccupied area, then walk over to the desk 50 yds away to talk to them. I caught one of the security folks walking by, pointed it out and GTFO of that area. It was a secure area, so theoretically his bag had been checked, but was NOT going to stand around and watch what happened.
Evidently nothing as the area didn't get shut down.
I know of every package and piece of mail being delivered to my house before it ever gets here. I subscribe to the USPS mail alert, amazon, etc.
I think this is a localized event, but I'm still not going to open something that I didn't order, plus, I'm out in the sticks, so random packages are probably not going to be delivered here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom