Auto/Home Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard good things about StateFarm Ins. Got full coverage for our three vehicles in OK with high coverage and lower deductibles. I understand this costs more. Our policy in CA we had with same coverage was about $1000+ less per year.

I have heard OK ins can be a bit higher than other states including CA but this seem crazy.

What auto and home policies are you going with? Need to shop around now. Who do you recommend. Thanks.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have everything with State Farm to take advantage of the additional discount for multi-covering. You can beat prices on individual policies, but I haven't found anything that is much better for all the different policies and the level of coverage. I only have to pay uninsured motorist one time, and it doubles the cost for that car, but covers me in whatever I drive. USAA is cheaper for cars, but is twice as high on my house as State Farm. So as I moved around, I just kept State Farm. Oh yes, you need to check those low deductibles for each kind of coverage when you change states; rates are non-uniform and non-linear.
Recommend you ask your agent what discount you get for insuring house, car, boat, etc., all with State Farm.

Last edited:

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Shelter insurance. Had State Farm before, rates were climbing steeply every year without any claims being filed. Part of this was due to the agent I believe, and part due to State Farm using my premiums to pay out on others. Shelter has treated me very well, and the agent I have has saved me a lot. He works hard to save me money, and he has - thousands.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first went to get auto insurance in OK years ago, they found out I was from another state and said 'Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.'
I said, About what?
And they said, how much car insurance costs in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom