Auto Mechanic Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick’ is one that didn’t impress me. The A/C had a leak that could be clearly screen coming from one of the hose fittings. I took it to him and he said that didn’t mean anything and he charged me $80-$100 to put in 1.5 cans of R12. The next morning it was completely empty again and “short cycling”. I stopped by and left a message with one of his guys….no return call. Stopped by a month later and the same thing. He wasn’t there so I left a message and never got a call back. Not sure what the deal is with these guys, maybe they don’t like the way I look? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just leaving Elmer’s and had a nice talk with Harvey. Seems to be a squared away shop. Unfortunately they don’t work on “older” cars and trucks so I’m still in the search. Thanks for all the ideas.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been to a couple mechanics in my area (Lake Lawtonka) and have yet to find one that’s decent. I have a 1990 F250 that I paid to have the fuel pumps replaced while I had the bed off. They put it all back together and now I can only get up half the gasoline in either tank. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Does anyone know of a good mechanic within say a 30 mile or so radius of the lake? The truck only has 78K original miles and it would be a great truck if I could get a couple more things corrected. View attachment 306300View attachment 306301
I don't know anyone there, but it sounds like the wrong pump or the pick-up tube is missing. Good luck with it.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^ The incorrect fuel sending units(they come with the pump usually) will send the gauge the wrong resistance and show half full when it is actually full.
I could see that happening but it’s not the case here. The gauges never worked great and I just used the trip odometer to know where I was. Now I’m only able to go half the distance on each tank before it starts to sputter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom