1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Auto repair shop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Perplexed, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The heater in my Nissan Frontier P/U has stopped working, and trouble shooting it leads to probably the thermostat needing replacement. This is a messy job, so I’d rather leave it to a shop with the right tools. Can anyone recommend a good, honest shop in south Tulsa or BA that specializes in imports? Thanks.

2. Redsoxfan

Redsoxfan Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Little farther away but call Chris at C&M in Stroud, he's an good honest mechanic. (918) 290-2051

3. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Steve's Garage in Coweta.
    We use him a lot.
    He is honest and a great mechanic.

4. dirtrider73068

dirtrider73068 Sharpshooter

Most times this can be a easy job or a hard complicated job pending where they want to hide the little booger, messy yes but if take the right precautions and drain the radiator or below where the Tstat is won't loose as much coolant and not as messy. but some vehicles need to be bled off when refilling or will hydro lock the cooling system.

5. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Sharpshooter

Special Hen
    Rating
    100%
    Ian's automotive. 81st and lynn lane
    He's a member here

6. montesa

montesa Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Knew the guy 20 years ago. He’s a great guy and a great mechanic. I met him when I called to ask how much he wanted to replace the struts on my Honda in 1999 or so. I had called a few other places that weren’t actual mechanics. Hibdons and such. I told him his price was higher and he just said well let them do it. The price wasn’t higher for the quality parts. I bet he still does it the same way. I listened and learned and took it to him to get actual Honda parts and no BS. Good guy for sure. He sold me a few cars and bought a few back. I was just a kid and he was always super straight up with me. Gave me good advice on other things too. It’s been 20 years and you don’t forget things like that. I’ve done my own wrenching since but if I didn’t, his shop would be the one.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020