Average Price For a Deer Lease

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't but, but goes for anywhere from $6-$22 in this corner of the state. Was on a lease in Push county a few years ago with the hopes for a black bear and Eastern turkey, it was little over 4,000 acres. I think it was $400/year and I can't remember how many hunters there were. I saw one person and his son preseason on one occasion. Most deer rifle hunted and a few ML as well. Just too far to travel for my schedule. Enjoyed the place, beautiful country.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
last club i was involved with was south of montecello, arkansas. we leased 1500 acres from weyerhauser and owned 15 acres of the original home site, weyerhauser wouldn't touch the trees on the home so they sold it to the original group in the 50's. they used to run dogs and mule hunt the deer. it was 4 wheeler when i joined. had the original dog run cabin, built a bunk house that would sleep 40, dug a well and had running water, flush toilets, and outdoor shower. hired 2 retired ladies to cook for us during the first 2 weeks of gun season.

3 grand to join, 300 a year. membership was limited so if you left they bought your membership back

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't lease, but from talking to people who do, ten bucks an acre seems like the magic number. I do know people who pay more, but they're just idiots with more money than sense...:rolleyes2
Its has to be really good if I pay 10 and have no cattle on it. That being said I have paid more for something really good for small acres as a example I paid $500 a year for 10 acres. but this 10 acres join 320 acres that no hunting was allowed that was eat up with deer. I put a corn feeder on the 10 acres and it was awesome place for 3 years until they sold the place to a deer hunter. Another thing that frustrating about leasing there is a lot of places that lease for $10 that's not worth $3. But people lease them for that not knowing any better they may only lease it for a year after realizing its no good. But so many people are looking for leases the farmer or rancher will lease it out again to somebody different year after year. Don't blame farmer or rancher because I would lease it for $20 if I could get it.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lease I posted about having open spots cost $90,000 for 42,000 acres. that's a little over $2 and acre. the cost to join is $1000, with a total of 100 members.
It does not have cattle, it is not like hunting on a private ranch where they raise deer, but it is good. It does have Black Bear, deer, turkey, hogs, water foul, and other small game, no trapping. You can ride ATV's on the roads for scouting, you can leave your camper on it all year, and it has fishing in the main creek.
The lease is pine plantations, so during archery season the clear-cuts are worthless. However, the last two deer I shot during rifle season both were in the middle of clear-cuts.
I have two 80 acre and a 320 acre places I lease to other people for farming, I can hunt the 320 but because of location and the hunting sucks, I have a different lease.
And better yet, cell phones are worthless, no towers.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The lease I posted about having open spots cost $90,000 for 42,000 acres. that's a little over $2 and acre. the cost to join is $1000, with a total of 100 members.
It does not have cattle, it is not like hunting on a private ranch where they raise deer, but it is good. It does have Black Bear, deer, turkey, hogs, water foul, and other small game, no trapping. You can ride ATV's on the roads for scouting, you can leave your camper on it all year, and it has fishing in the main creek.
The lease is pine plantations, so during archery season the clear-cuts are worthless. However, the last two deer I shot during rifle season both were in the middle of clear-cuts.
I have two 80 acre and a 320 acre places I lease to other people for farming, I can hunt the 320 but because of location and the hunting sucks, I have a different lease.
And better yet, cell phones are worthless, no towers.
I am going to try this lease if there are any spots left when I get the $1000.00 to spare

Latest posts

Top Bottom