Avian flu has jumped to small mammals – why experts fear humans could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know there is some speculation that Magallon's men spread syphilis around the world from jumping llamas. Man should watch how he satisfies the urge.
They said that about Tuberculosis too but later found bones from before the explorers arrived that were infected. Germs spread. It's just a fact of life.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still not sure why I don't believe them.

As a thought, I wonder if legitimate scientists get upset when ignoramus ones come up with stupid theories as to what is going on?

But then, the Weather Channel does seem to have its share of "meteorologists" that buy into the climate change nonsense. I don't hear much from others that don't share their views.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent this article to my brother who is a veterinarian, working for the USDA doing disease control. I asked him if there was any truth to the article and this was his reply:

Yes, I think the article was pretty accurate. We do notify public health dept at state level who in turn contact any people in contact at an infected poultry site for monitoring. It is being found in more and more species of mammals but there is no evidence of direct transmission among mammals with this strain of H5N1, rather it is thought they are infected from feeding on infected dead birds. Grizzly bear and bobcat are the latest discoveries I know of. I only know of one human illness in a prisoner working to depopulate birds in a barn and it was mild illness.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom