Avoid Downtown OKC - RANT ON!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RANT ON - - OMG - Me n the missus tried to go to the Museum of Art yesterday. I'm on I40 W and got off at Robinson. Immediately routed into a detour that takes me at least a half mile in the wrong direction. CRAP! After far too many detours and untold tore up streets at / near the Ford Center, the convention center, etc etc etc we got to the museum at Walker and Couch. No parking available!!! We got there at 0915 just to make sure we'd get a handicap spot - the museum opens at 10 and we were willing to wait until the place opens. But NNNNoooooo! No parking availabe - not even at the coin metered spaces. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

Folks that continue to support MAPS and OKC Mayor Mick Cornet (?) and his Millionaire buds need their heads examined!!!

Rant off.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was downtown yesterday and will be back down tomorrow. Nearly got my truck stuck in the parking garage at Robert S Kerr and Hudson. 6'4" should be an illegal clearance for garages built in Oklahoma. Managed to backout with only dragging the clearance bar across the roof of the truck. Found an open meter to pull up to a couple blocks from the County building. Same thing with the City office for their engineering department. Can't parallel park my truck in any of the open spots so I was forced to walk.

Unless I cancel I'll have to find a spot at the Museum of Art on Friday morning for an interview. I'm sure I'll face the same issue. Would really prefer a call back tomorrow from the company I interviewed with on Tuesday. Would save me major headache.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked in downtown OKC for the last 6 years. Some days are better than others. You figure how to get around and where to go once you're around it enough. It gets better?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a mess. I went to Bass Pro this morning, because the guy in the guns said they had the factory Ruger 25rd mags. After the battle to get there, I found that they don't have them. I will be glad when it is all fixed.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are big light up signs on I40W that say don't take the Robinson exit.

I35 N to I40 W - if there are signs I didn't see 'em. I'm too busy driving, checking my 6 for tailgating morons, dodging lane drifters and lead footed punks that think they are in the Daytona 500.

It'll be a cold day...

Latest posts

Top Bottom