Aztec Mexican grille OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's a few minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I'm too old to waste time, so maybe I need to put druryj on an "ignore" list?
LOLZZZZZ Dude , Joel is messing with his brother from another mother!! You will have to excuse the Marines,some times they get out of line with the harassment :drunk5::cool: But I ignore Joel all the time cuzz I be rude!!!!:sunbath::cool:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Authentic you say..........

El Rodeo-SW 29th between Portland and May Ave on the South side of 29th. El Rodeo....across the street best tamales...El Patio tamales.

BEST:
Buche' Tacos and plates(with beans, rice, cilantro..etc)
Lengua Tacos and plates..^^^
Barbacoa Tacos and plates..^^
Menudo
Candy, chips, beer, fresh cuts of meat...etc. Hands down the best horchata drink!!!!!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...c8664d5d1077e5!8m2!3d35.4347188!4d-97.5776582

Morello's:

Grocery store with an EXCELLENT Authentic sit deli/kitchen. Store full of fresh cut Mexican style meat and Mexican goods.
SE 59th between Santa Fe and Shields.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...22e9fa9e77d0b4!8m2!3d35.4069288!4d-97.5115031

Tortilleria & Rosticeria Islas:

SW 29th and Agnew....SW corner of that intersection.

GREAT selection of food and I love their Mole' Chicken...either tacos or a plate with the beans/rice fixin's. I like the mole' so much that I haven't tried anything else there except the Menudo....it's very good also!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tortilleria+&+Rosticeria+Islas/@35.4349657,-97.5546005,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x87b2116db3e0f575:0x1145b0584ed0baff!8m2!3d35.4349362!4d-97.5548137

La Michoacana Meat Market:

SW 29th just East of McKinley Ave.

You have to know what you want(look over at the deli) and pay the cashier at the front of the store. Take your receipt and show and tell the cooks what you want. ***Make sure you can speak a little Spanish or find an English speaker to help you..or...point and say eso..eh-so...eso meaning that.
Not much in tacos...more plate style food with a sit down area.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...a73b9fae547760!8m2!3d35.4354093!4d-97.5358269

Gordita's Mexican Kitchen:

SW44th and Independence across (South side) the street from Roosevelt Middle School.

LOVE the gorditas!!!!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...2fdde2de827bff!8m2!3d35.4204326!4d-97.5741809

There are 100+ of these style restaurants I could list...but these are my Authentic Food places I frequent. Yep I drive from Danforth and Penn area of Edmond to the South Side of town for this food. **Look Out** When NFL season hits I make a haul a** trip before the Texans start playing!!!

If you see a "El Gordo" with a Houston Texan t-shirt and either a Tecate or unsweet ice tea......THAT'S ME!!!

Go Texans!!!
GUEST_b9d83053-7dbf-45d0-8ee8-1d44659a14bd
Have U tried the joint I mention? By the way my friend, The Dallas Cowboys are Mericas team !!!! Get with the program Mr.!!!! :cool:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a while back a family took over at my favorite Mexican restaurant (San Marcos). Was kind of bummed but this family that took it over has taken it to an even better level. Great service, fresh food and clean!! 40th and North May!! Give them a try and ask for the special salsa it is the bomb!!

Did the new owners get the San Marcos menu and recipes also?

I liked San Marcos, although I didn’t eat at that location. I’ll have to try them out sometime.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a decent place in Guthrie on Division by the Taco Mayo. From what I heard the owner fondled a pregnant woman and that was the end of that place. There is a new one that opened up in downtown 1 block northwest of the courthouse that was nice. It's a little family deal but I liked what I had. A lot of places they serve beans and rice and the rice is ok but the beans are pretty blahh. They had a little seasoning in them and I actually ate some with just a few chips which is pretty rare for me.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite Tex-Mex places was Nino's on S. Western, which closed and torn down. I have eaten at San Marcos on SW 59 years ago and it was good. Last time we ate at Abuelo's in Bricktown, they had a lousy buffet that was not good. When they first opened years ago, it was really good. Mexican food is my favorite and we have eaten at almost all around the metro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom