baby formula on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Op’s title made me think brain dead biden was returning the baby formula stored in Texas warehouses to be passed out to illegal immigrants like candy coming across the river to US citizens in need of some. Nope.
Evidently illegals still have more priorities than citizens.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the belief that Biden is playing folks to achieve his weird assed agenda. Possible example, messing with gasoline prices to nudge folks toward electric cars??? But if I'm right and he is on some agenda and using baby formula as his tool this is totally unacceptable.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how Biden gets blamed for this. Abbott, who makes 43 percent of the US supply has to shut down because their greed stopped them from properly cleaning manufacturing equipment??? Totally Bidens fault. The trump negotiated tariff system on importing baby formula??? Totally Bidens fault.

The U.S. imposes high tariffs—up to 17.5%—on imported baby formula. Formula is also subject to a mechanism called a tariff-rate quota, where additional duties can be placed on goods once total imports pass a certain level.
As part of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), negotiated by President Donald Trump to replace the North America Free Trade Agreement in July 2020, Canada agreed to impose an additional surcharge of $3/kg if the total volume of its global formula exports—not just exports to the U.S.—broke a certain threshold. That threshold is currently set at 40,480 metric tons for the current "dairy year" of August 1 2021 to July 31 2022.
The new duties seemingly closed off Canada as a source of infant formula. The U.S. imported a grand total of zero tons of baby formula from its nothern neighbor in 2021, yet has shipped tons of domestic formula into Canada. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S.-manufactured infant formula made up the largest component of U.S. dairy exports to Canada in 2021, accounting for 22% of all northbound dairy trade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom