Baby rock or 380 EZ shield!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys or gals have either of these that would share your opinion?
Thanks in advance!:cool:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t have a baby rock but I do have a Glock 27 and I have had a shield I didn’t care for the shield cause it was too thin for me and I don’t have big hands but then again I’m partial to Glock

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I assume you are looking for the spousal element? If that is in fact the case my friend the Smith would be my choice. Rackability being the primary reason of course and the Smith is a Smith. I have shot both for a few hundred rounds and while my Military mind likes the look of the Rock, my SDA conscience goes for the Smith every time.

Smith cheaper by about 65 bucks.
Smith gets you 1 more round in the mag.
Smith is almost 1/2 lb lighter.
Smith rear sight is adjustable.
Rock is about 1/10th of an inch shorter OAL
Smith has a harder finish VS Parkerized IMO.
Smith has a smother build for less snag possibility IMO.
Takedown is easier on the Smith, Rock is still a 1911 type.

All depends on the who and where, do ya want a striker? Easy racking of the slide? Harder finish? Adjustable rear sight?

Let us know what you do man.
Dave

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you are looking for the spousal element? If that is in fact the case my friend the Smith would be my choice. Rackability being the primary reason of course and the Smith is a Smith. I have shot both for a few hundred rounds and while my Military mind likes the look of the Rock, my SDA conscience goes for the Smith every time.

Smith cheaper by about 65 bucks.
Smith gets you 1 more round in the mag.
Smith is almost 1/2 lb lighter.
Smith rear sight is adjustable.
Rock is about 1/10th of an inch shorter OAL
Smith has a harder finish VS Parkerized IMO.
Smith has a smother build for less snag possibility IMO.
Takedown is easier on the Smith, Rock is still a 1911 type.

All depends on the who and where, do ya want a striker? Easy racking of the slide? Harder finish? Adjustable rear sight?

Let us know what you do man.
Dave

I have been leaning towards the Smith because the 45 Shield has been such a joy!! What I do not want to do is get another gun for the spousal element that kicks like a mule LOL How did the EZ do in the felt recoil !!
Also my favorite little gun shop Village Tactical has the Smith and the baby Rock , so either way I get to support a great bunch over there!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been leaning towards the Smith because the 45 Shield has been such a joy!! What I do not want to do is get another gun for the spousal element that kicks like a mule LOL How did the EZ do in the felt recoil !!
Also my favorite little gun shop Village Tactical has the Smith and the baby Rock , so either way I get to support a great bunch over there!!
The S&W just has to be super soft, it's bigger than a 9 Shield. The G42 is super soft shooting too. I'm considering one for my wife. She has rheumatoid arthritis and while she can shoot her 9 Shield she's can't run it well.

Ok wth is a rock sorry I’m stupid lol
I didn't know either.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Smith 380 EZ felt really soft, more so than Jen's G42 at least to me. I think dollar for dollar to resale the Smith is your gun.. Now the G42 is very nice as well but a bit more $ than the Smith if I remember correctly. Either way, none of them are hard on the wrist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom