Baby rock or 380 EZ shield!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to examine the EZ 380 at the NRA convention and it feels like an M&P22C in weight and size (slightly larger than a Shield 9mm). It was optimized to allow people with less hand strength, or perhaps with arthritic hands, to rack the slide and operate the controls with greater ease and in that regard it has succeeded. My wife fell in love with it on the spot and I’ll be buying one in the near future.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Why the hell not? It seems like the chance for you to get that .454 Casull you've always wanted!

Dave you are a genius!!! Buy the 454 then when I get that "your an ass look" when she pulls the trigger I can then buy the EZ!! Or buy them both at the same time so when I get the look I can then save the day!!!I will be a hero!!!:mosh::cool:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave you are a genius!!! Buy the 454 then when I get that "your an ass look" when she pulls the trigger I can then buy the EZ!! Or buy them both at the same time so when I get the look I can then save the day!!!I will be a hero!!!:mosh::cool:

Dang man, despite your vivid, imaginary day dream of heroism; beware the many pitfalls involved here. Let us lay it out, in a way that may so illustrate that for you, so that you can examine the whole enchilada, one little rolled up tortilla at a time: 1. Spousal Element 2. New gun(s) 3. At least a recognized perception of the “You’re an Ass” statement, as your post above indicates that you have heard this before, and perhaps frequently. 4. Baby Rock (Tacticool) vs.Shield EZ ( Uber practical pistolen).

After digesting this, I have come to the following conclusion. It doesn’t matter. You are going to get kicked in the nutz, at least metaphorically, either way you go. Buy her the EZ, buy yourself the .454 Casull, call me, and let’s go shoot that bad boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the shield EZ for my wife. She's had carpal tunnel issues in the past and her hand strength isn't what it used to be. She can handle the shield EZ like a pro. It's a good shooter with very little recoil.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Had not paid attention to the EZ. So bigger than a Shield 9?

I have the Shield 9 and Bodyguard. Love my Bodyguard! Just used it the other night to dispose of a copperhead.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Had not paid attention to the EZ. So bigger than a Shield 9?

I have the Shield 9 and Bodyguard. Love my Bodyguard! Just used it the other night to dispose of a copperhead.

The EZ is smaller than the Shield 9 just not much. Have not shot one yet, went by Village Tactical and checked it out. Easy slide and feels good in my hand.

Youngers Bend

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought an EZ in March soon after seeing my first one. I got the version without the thumb safety. I would love to see S&W beef it up into a 9mm version. Old high school wrestling back injuries have caused my to switch to appendix carry much of the time. That engaged grip safety is the only way I've found to quickly and safely reholster.

The gun has an excellent trigger and is a pleasure to shoot. One of the magazines consistently failed to feed the last round, stove piping in the ejection port. Then after between 200 & 300 rounds the magazine started functioning flawlessly. All of my shooting had been done with various brands of ball so far. I do have some XTPs that I'll use once I get a chance to test fire them. You have to be very careful selecting .380 hollow points. Most that do actually expand penetrate so shallowly that you're better off using ball. The only consistent performer I've come across are the XTPs loaded by various brands. They tend to expand reliably but expansion is small enough that acceptable penetration is achieved.

Don't underestimate .380 ball. Confederate guerrillas in the Trans-Mississippi West gave Union troops the blues for years. Their preferred weapon was a .36 cal. 1851 Navy Colt, which is ballistically similar to .380 ball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom