Backup weapon knife or gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you carry for a backup weapon

• Another Gun

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • A knife

Votes: 109 46.8%
  • Both

Votes: 78 33.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 9.0%

• Total voters

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NEVER take a knife to a gun fight :)
And... 2 knives are better than one.

ALWAYS bring a knife to a gunfight, NEVER just a knife ;)

I'm not a fan of "screwing a gun in their ear and pulling the trigger". Firearms aren't meant to be contact weapons. For a contact weapon I'll take a knife anytime.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what the laws in OK are, so I don't know if you guys are allowed to carry fixed blades. I carry a back up gun and a fixed blade every everywhere I go. My fixed blade is also my primary utility tool, so I use it a WHOLE LOT more than I use my guns. Think about it. How many times a day do you use your knife? How many times a day do you use your guns? Which one are you more familiar with? My fixed blade goes with me everywhere. On duty and off. I have holsters made for my duty gear(leather and nylon), and for plain clothes.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a knife - fixed or very familiar folder. since it only takes an aggressor roughly 1.5 seconds or less to be in your grill from 21 feet. Knives (fixed) never fail to fire/open or run out of bullets. Just my opin, but a swift decision would be needed if that moment of rage became real with minimal warning (PRIM or SEC turned primary due to situation).

Of course - our excellent legal system will send you to the Crow Bar Inn cuz you were 'acting irrational and endangering the public', or at least you'll get to visit a court mandated Shrink for eval. Just like they do to a lot of excellent LEO/FED/MIL personnel who were doing their jobs.

rifleman 1981

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALWAYS, I REPEAT ALWAYS at least a knife, and a gun, why in the hell would anyone ask one or the other you can always be to lightly armed to handle a situation, not very often can you be over armed

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a knife, but not as a weapon. Backup weapon? Extra magazine.

Has anyone ever heard of someone really using a backup weapon?

Latest posts

Top Bottom