Bacon in chili?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bacon works!

One of my favorite batches. I will set BBQ back, and freeze it. Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, hot links. I strip the rib meat off of the bones, throw all of the meat into the pressure cooker. Fry up some chili grind ground beef, add it to the cooker, then add all of our other favorite ingredients and seasonings. And of course BEANS!!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bacon works!

One of my favorite batches. I will set BBQ back, and freeze it. Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, hot links. I strip the rib meat off of the bones, throw all of the meat into the pressure cooker. Fry up some chili grind ground beef, add it to the cooker, then add all of our other favorite ingredients and seasonings. And of course BEANS!!

This is my thought, as well. Strong work, Steve. I knew there was (another) reason I liked you! ;)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When we grind pork ends and pieces into our deer meat, it gives a bacon flavor. The chili made with is two thumbs up!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've got some brats I picked up from the German deli in Tulsa, or I'd probably be making chili tomorrow. Sounds good. I would do it today, but I gotta go to a robotics competition to support The Boy. Looks like I won't be making it to Wanenmacher's.

Who and where is the German deli?

I'm due for a road trip. Thanks

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
oh hell yeah, i started my annual deer chili fridays at work a couple weeks ago. i will definitely do a bacon batch in one of the pots next week. thanks for the idea!

Latest posts

Top Bottom