Bad Boy Mower, or......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I brought home a Kubota z412 yesterday. Everything on it is commercial grade. 22hp Kawasaki engine, commercial grade transmission and a suspension seat that is awesome. Every Kubota I own is so well built and this machine is no different. Oh, and a 4 year factory warranty. Bad boy has 2.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Hustler 60" mower and have been very happy with it. I chose the Hustler for two reasons. First, it offered a longer warranty than Bad Boy. Second, they had an awesome financing deal going when I bought. The next mower I buy will have the lifting deck, which would make it much easier to change blades. Grasshoppers look awesome, but are mucho expensive. I've read that Grasshoppers are less likely to get stuck because the weight is more in the center of the deck than right over the rear wheels.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neighbor had bad boy mowed at a crawl . my Ferris will mow fast enough for the wind to blow though your hair. Mow some steep slopes Ferris will slide before it turns over. Your experience may very. I go slow on slopes If it starts to slide I steer into slope.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Hustler and really like it. I keep extra parts at the house from belt, blades, belt tension spring, and spring keeper clips. I wouldn't have bought this probably but actually won it at a raffle. It is a 2015 model and mows great and seems impervious to anything. I mow 5 acres and this is not a commercial mower.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to get rid of my tractor when we are done building and top on my list are Bad Boy and Kubota. My Kubota tractor hasn't failed me. Rented a Kubota skid loader last week and that was a beast too. My previous zero turn was a Toro Timecutter and it didn't hold up like it should have.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have a BB ZT Elite, goes fast enough and cuts everything. I love it. I shopped around just like the OP is, and for the money and reviews, the one I got was it for me. I still haven't broken it after two seasons and I do my damndest. It'll hold a beer, gloves, and cigar accoutrements for mowing days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom