Bad Boy Mower, or......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of great replies and really appreciate your wisdom. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Bad Boy Rebel. We have a lot of money going out so can't go crazy with a higher level or diesel setup. This or many others mentioned would probably do my yard just fine but reliability and longevity are important. Will pick it up this week and post some pics next weekend.

Also have some other goodies I bought last week I should be picking up this week and will post those up here too.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Dixon ZTR 11 years ago and have never had an issue (cant get those now). When I was looking I really liked the SCAG mowers, the deck is built like a tank, only reason I went with the Dixon was the dealer is 5 miles down the road.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of great replies and really appreciate your wisdom. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Bad Boy Rebel. We have a lot of money going out so can't go crazy with a higher level or diesel setup. This or many others mentioned would probably do my yard just fine but reliability and longevity are important. Will pick it up this week and post some pics next weekend.

Also have some other goodies I bought last week I should be picking up this week and will post those up here too.
The Rebel looks good. Which dealer are you buying from?

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a Grasshopper 928D that I bought 4 years and it's '96 model. Best thing I've ever bought, I mow 2 acres and it used to take like 6 hrs with my small tractor and 60" finish mower. I now can mow it in 2 hrs. I haven't had any trouble with it other than some switches that went out which were cheap to fix. The hydraulic oil for the motors is outrageously overpriced if you by the Grasshopper stuff is my only gripe about Grasshopper, $25 a quart! Luckily I found a Mobil oil part # that works and I bought 5 gallons.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Went through a similar search as his when I bought the Toro. I heard praise after praise.

Bought the PoS and nothing but problems.
Bent 3 push rods on 4 years. 1st was 3 months on. Ate a belt every other use. Deck pulley bearings were craps.

Then, I find out, Toro is like Sears Craftsman. They build NOTHING. Lowest bid and put their name on it.

I will NEVER have another Toro.

maybe they have their crappy models and their top of the line models. I use one of these.
C582BB13-057B-404B-B4EB-1261EF08F539.jpeg

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with ICanFixit Look at Gravely mowers. I have 2, a 66" commercial and a 48" with bagger. I mow about 10 acres. Gravelys are tough but I have had mine stuck couple times mowing around edge of pond. Neighbor has Grasshopper Diesel and it is great but pricey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom