Bad boy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have exactly no idea what you're talking about, yet again!

My own son did a really, really stupid felony in 2013. He was otherwise a good kid, in college, flying straight. Judge gave him complete expulsion of his record if he completed community service and drug program.

So, no.

Same here ... Well kinda. Judge was GONNA let my kids walk on petty shoplifting charges. After I had a sidebar with her they did a year's probation, Thunderbird Academy and got to tour the County Jail in some kinda scared straight type tour. I wanted them to see exactly what they were in for when the judge was tired of giving out slaps on the wrists. It worked. They've both stayed outta trouble since. Lol The only one who insists on meeting up regularly with "the authorities" is my oldest ... He didn't get into any legal trouble when he was a kid but damn if he hasn't made up for it since becoming an adult ... Sheesh ...

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soooo . . . how about this weather we're having?

I was just gonna leave this here ... Again ... I swear you guys are more predictable than the girl's dorm at MIT ...

975ea183-b0df-4567-88d8-9fe429270d6c_1.277864629839468669fb94ee665d31e1.jpeg

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here ... Well kinda. Judge was GONNA let my kids walk on petty shoplifting charges. After I had a sidebar with her they did a year's probation, Thunderbird Academy and got to tour the County Jail in some kinda scared straight type tour. I wanted them to see exactly what they were in for when the judge was tired of giving out slaps on the wrists. It worked. They've both stayed outta trouble since. Lol The only one who insists on meeting up regularly with "the authorities" is my oldest ... He didn't get into any legal trouble when he was a kid but damn if he hasn't made up for it since becoming an adult ... Sheesh ...
My double cousins (first and second cousins) had a mom who was really strict. Controlled who their friends were, what music they listened to, what time they were home on both school and non-school nights, etc. Told my mom, her sister, that my brother and I were going to hang we were so bad. She wound up with three of four serious druggies, multiple arrests/convictions/imprisonments, etc., and one straight-A student and gainfully employed with no legal or social problems. My mom got two of three who didn't get into more trouble than they could handle, two who retired from the military after at least 20 years of service, and one who got into drugs, and some trouble, but minor and no jail time. Strict parenting is not the answer. Nor is more liberal parenting. Consistent parenting might be the key, but I couldn't prove it. That set of cousins went wild when they got out from under Aunt E's thumb. The bookends were the least trouble, with the oldest being a lot of trouble, many children out of wedlock, but no jail time... Middle two went off the charts! Last I heard, all were still alive, somehow, eldest settled down and straightened out, and a good parent. Youngest AFAIK doesn't have any children, but we've been out of touch for over a decade, so I could be wrong. I'm the eldest of my batch, and could have gotten into a lot of trouble, but lucked out a bit. My mom and step mom were the ones who got in trouble in their early lives, both with my dad. They made sure I knew what was what, and what was important, so I didn't screw things up completely. None of mine have ever been in jail, but they're mid-twenties to early 30's. I guess they still have some time to mess up.

One of the ancient kings told his captors as they were planning his execution, them having mentioned how lucky he'd been, "Count no man lucky until he is dead." Way I see it, count no parent lucky until all their kids are all grown up and out having good lives after the parent dies.

Stitt is not my favorite governor. Not my least favorite, either. His kid is in the National Guard, and I'm sure they'll have some things to say to him about having guns in a case thrown in the back of his truck...

Neither count as lucky yet, either. Personally, I figure if we can arm them, and train them to defend the country at 18, they should be able to drink at that age. I did. Turned 18 just after the age of majority was dropped from 21. Report says he was under the influence, but not drunk. And he had to know that admitting to being the governor's son was going to get him more grief on the spot, but might have looked like a coverup if he hadn't admitted it, so I don't see where he had a choice. Unless maybe it was going home and putting his guns away and not going out that night...

Which he'd already made the wrong choice there.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha that was a joke.
In a small Ozark town, where iI grew up, we had a city constable/ night watchman, that spent his nights in his 57 ford cop car at the Phillips 66 Station. This was on U.S. Highway 64, before Interstate 40 was built. This guy was a realty good ol boy, and as teenagers we would go by late at night and visit with him. We had usually been drinking, but he would overloook that if we were not too drunk! If so he would take us home. A friend and I were sitting in his cop car, late one night, and he had to go to bathroom. while he was in the bathroom, a car from Califoria came through town, way too fast! So my drunk buddy, and I thought it would be a good idea if we chased this guy down in the cop car. We caught up with the speeder, red lighted him, and pulled him over! We read him the riot act, but didn't give him a ticket! When we got back to the 66 station, The constable was PISSED OFF! I thought he was going to put us in jail!!!!! He was my moms cousin, or I think he would have locked up us up! Needless to say, he started taking the keys out of his car when he went to the restroom! the good ol days!!!!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a small Ozark town, where iI grew up, we had a city constable/ night watchman, that spent his nights in his 57 ford cop car at the Phillips 66 Station. This was on U.S. Highway 64, before Interstate 40 was built. This guy was a realty good ol boy, and as teenagers we would go by late at night and visit with him. We had usually been drinking, but he would overloook that if we were not too drunk! If so he would take us home. A friend and I were sitting in his cop car, late one night, and he had to go to bathroom. while he was in the bathroom, a car from Califoria came through town, way too fast! So my drunk buddy, and I thought it would be a good idea if we chased this guy down in the cop car. We caught up with the speeder, red lighted him, and pulled him over! We read him the riot act, but didn't give him a ticket! When we got back to the 66 station, The constable was PISSED OFF! I thought he was going to put us in jail!!!!! He was my moms cousin, or I think he would have locked up us up! Needless to say, he started taking the keys out of his car when he went to the restroom! the good ol days!!!!
Wow these days you would do real time for that!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom