Bad day, I was burgled!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m remodeling my first rental property in Del City. Someone kicked in the back door and took everything. A ton of my tools.

Saws
Demo hammer
Trim nailer
Drills
Pex crimping tools
Air compressor
Tile
Delta shower valve
Hand tools
Keurig coffee machine
K cups
Phone charger
Box of screws
Large quantity of pex fittings
Propane torches
Angle grinders
Diamond angle grinder blades
Shop vac
Snacks and lunch food.
Some treats for my dog
Probably more

The value of this stuff isn’t astronomical but it’s a real set back at a bad time. At least they didn’t tear the house up any further. It’s not a big deal to swap a jamb in those cheap doors and the tools were mostly well used and not high end anyway. It really makes you feel violated though. I normally don’t leave that much stuff there but I was ramping up on the remodel and had planned to be there nearly 24/7 for awhile. Just when I let my guard down. Called the police and they weren’t surprised and just said call them back if I want to file a report. That kind of stuff is nearly worthless on the street.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SSE of the intersection of SE 29th and Bryant.

I got lazy. Looking back on it, I should have kept it cleaned out when I’m not there.

You can’t blame yourself, if you locked up after you was done, that’s all you can do. Regardless why they did it, there is NO reason to take anyone else’s stuff. I hate thieves. As my father said, “a lock keeps an honest man honest”. I’m sorry. I hope that they get caught and prosecuted.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks. I am surprised they didn't take the kitchen sink while they were at it.

Knew someone who had the same issue with a large building in Lawton. Got a lot of stuff that was more expensive. I helped out by staying in the building to keep an eye on things. While I was there nothing went missing and I caught a teenager in the building. I don't think that will be an option for you but a dog on the premises might be a good option. Otherwise get a big job site tool box made up and attach it to the floor or make it so heavy it's nearly impossible to move. Then toss a cheap cell phone in it so that you can track it if it gets moved.

Sad to say but the chances of them getting caught is less than ten percent unless you have serial numbers of everything that had one. Even then it's not very high unless they pawned the stuff. Just walking in and saying "Hey, that's mine someone stole it." won't do a lot of good unless you have some sort of proof of ownership.

Your other option is to carry in a bunch of fancy tools and show them off while taking them in. Drop a tv in view of the front window as well and then have someone waiting there to deal with a break in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom