Bad day, I was burgled!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about it...Maybe there is a cheap, wheeled storage cart you could get....something to make it easy to throw tools into and take with you... or a couple cheap tool bags

Too many thieves around!

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They even took the last two gallons of paint out of 5 gallon and the used roller and handle!!!

It’s not the stuff that costs in the end. It’s having to worry that it’ll happen again and I can’t do much about it. I can’t leave my dog here while I go to the store because he could shot or something trying to defend the place.

Talked to the guy next door. He has been broken into twice and had two cars stolen from his driveway. Lots more crime than I realized around here.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a few decades ago Del City was laid-back and little crime but in recent years... oi bought a house n Midwest City and was remodeling it, moved in and never had any problems until the rat kid next to me started throwing potatoes at the house. I picked p one and threw it back at him and missed his head by 6 inches. Had I hit the punk I'd still be in jail. After I moved I was selling the vacant house and someone tried to kick the garage door in but I had installed a 2X4 bar and it was only bent. I straightened the door, reinforced it and sold the home with little profit for all my labor. The realtor said that if the home was on a plot of land elsewhere I would have sold it for double from what I received. It was behind the old Greenhaw's grocery. I guess if I rented it Section8 I could have made a little money but it'd just get torn up.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The burglaries that the neighbors experienced happened over decades. Lady I bought the house from lived there since it was nearly new. Not one break in. That’s why I was surprised.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve remodeled properties in OKC, a few in Moore and some in MWC. There are a lot of problematic areas because of how quickly neighborhoods can change. Out of those, Moore seems to be the best for renting, from my experience at least. Assuming you don’t want to pay over a 1000 month for rent. Edmond is pretty high. Get renters insurance and consider getting a house with an alarm system.

Sounds like I don't want to rent a house in that hood.
rsd

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Lawton a few years ago a guy was contracted to paint one of the water towers. Thieves hit his truck while he was on the tower and there was not much he could do about it. I want to say he had a phone but it was in the vehicle so a fat lot of good it did for him. By the time he got down they were gone with half his stuff.

Pictures can be useful but only slightly better than having the model number and serial number of your stuff. A big dog that can roam around is worth a bit more but you have to keep them somewhere when not renovating a place and when the place is finished the thieves can still strike and steal stuff. Like I said, a cot a tv and a semi auto rifle to perforate the offender will solve the problem. But then you get to deal with the momma saying there was no reason to perforate her little boy.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually just dropped my cot off there last week. One of those giant cots that’s a pain to stretch tight and lock together. They moved it to take my phone charger. I don’t own a semi auto rifle. Maybe I should look into that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom