Bad Experience At Big Boys Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Big Boys last week and was shooting faster than a round a second and the RSO looked at me and said “good shooting”. He may have seen my badge etc when I went in but I’ve never had issues in there. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve never seen anybody in there with pink hair or a male with a nose ring either.
Sorry you had a crummy experience
I'm sure the badge did it...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LAST time I was there. I was doing double taps. 2 mags and let brands in (15) shot, while I reloaded.

RSO stopped and said to slow down.

He resumed shooting and RSO, standing behind him, says to slow down.

I step up and take my 1911 from him. Tell him to watch me closely.

I do 4 double taps. RSO says nothing.
Give grandson a mag. He double taps. RSO yells, LAST WARNING

I load up, tell him FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN HARASSING A 15YO? SHOVD IT UP YOUR ASS. WE ARE OUT OF HERE FOREVER.

The other 4 shooters were watching us.
3 packed and left.

Big Boys WAS one of my favorite places. Haven't been there in 4 years.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I look at it differently on BBs, it is there place, there rules. If you don't like it, open your own range.

What are your other options in SW OKC area? Banner? That is about it, so follow the rules or go somewhere else. Easy fix.

If I had to deal with some of the jack wagons that shoot at ranges, I would probably be a little grumpy too.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I guess I look at it differently on BBs, it is there place, there rules. If you don't like it, open your own range.

What are your other options in SW OKC area? Banner? That is about it, so follow the rules or go somewhere else. Easy fix.

If I had to deal with some of the jack wagons that shoot at ranges, I would probably be a little grumpy too.
It’s fine to have rules and enforce them equally for all shooters. It would be nice if they had a method to determine if more than 1 shot is being fired per second as well. Why is it ok to shoot more than 1 round per second during a GSSF match but not when practicing for the match?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If the rules about no firearms other than at the shooting station are enforced it would have to be some really stupid person to actually shoot anyone else. On an outdoor range I suspect more people get shot by unsafe gun handling. Would be interesting to find out though. I wonder about those holes in the ceiling too.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Big Boys this morning with a friend to shoot at 10 am. There was a wide strip of frozen over snow about 10 feet wide covering the entire front of the store. I had a knee replacement 3 weeks ago and it was extremely slick. When we went inside I mentioned it and some pink haired young fat girl said “nothing we can do about it, we don’t have any way to fix it”. We checked in and went to shoot.
As we were shooting, the same girl came out and reminded us that we couldn’t fire more than one round per second. Ok fine, I started counting one thousand one, one thousand two, etc as I was firing shots into a fist sized hole at 7 yards. After a while she came back out, obviously upset and told me I was still shooting too fast. I asked her if she had a timer and perhaps her time could be better spent clearing the driveway so customers didn’t slip and fall. She then told me to “pack my ****” and get out. I packed up and asked to see a manager. Some big old boy with a nose ring and I sat on the couch and had a nice polite discussion. I asked him if I should return to his range in the future. He told me things might be different next time, depending on who was range safety officer.I also asked him about the ice and he couldn’t or wouldn’t offer an explanation why it hadn’t been removed. Maybe I should have handled things differently but the list of places I spend my money grows smaller every day. Big Boys will never see me there again. Too bad really since it’s a nice range.
Spend the coin, join rt66 and she the way and speed you want. What fuktards, talking to me in that tone, you damn right I am packing my shot you fat cuntty cow. And someone supporting her is bs anyway. I have only been there a couple times and wasn’t terribly impressed. Nice store, clean, but it didn’t appear anyone particularly have a damn. Only reason I went last time was for a gssf purchase and after tax, that’s not a good deal, haven’t graced the doors since. Too damn far from surrey anyway

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spend the coin, join rt66 and she the way and speed you want. What fuktards, talking to me in that tone, you damn right I am packing my shot you fat cuntty cow. And someone supporting her is bs anyway. I have only been there a couple times and wasn’t terribly impressed. Nice store, clean, but it didn’t appear anyone particularly have a damn. Only reason I went last time was for a gssf purchase and after tax, that’s not a good deal, haven’t graced the doors since. Too damn far from surrey anyway
Ouch on the price though (rt66), and only 25 yards.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch on the price though (rt66), and only 25 yards.
Brother I can shoot whenever and however I want. Safety and be friendly is only ask they have. Steel hangers, steel ground knock down, move and shoot, holster draw etc. Hell it’s worth it to me, I can take guests like wife or neighbors

Latest posts

Top Bottom