Bad Experience At Big Boys Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Land is for sale all the time, best bet, purchase your "own" firing range!!!
That’s one option. The other is to expect customer service from those already in business.
Land is for sale all the time, best bet, purchase your "own" firing range!!!
Man, you were cooler about it than I would've been................. Can't blame you for not going back given this experience.
I surprised myself how calm I was. My buddy even mentioned it.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
went to indoor range once.
had someone give me the same treatment about firing too quickly.
i was shooting a single action .22lr heritage rough rider.
i wasn't fanning.
by the time it took me to cock the hammer and aim, there had to be at least one second.
got tapped on the shoulder by someone i could not see and had never seen, which lets be real, is not the best idea when someone is literally shooting a gun.
was shooting one handed with good form, not doing some john wick stuff or whtaever.
asked if i was "in control"
looked at my target
said "uh.....yeah. i mean it's just a .22" thinking maybe he thought i was firing some big iron or something?
he said "yeah....."JUST" a .22......"
then walked off
i pulled out my .41 mag s&w
fired a cylinder one handed
left and never came back

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you sure that the horizontally challenged person with the pink hair and nose ring was female? For all you know it may have been a member of the 86 other sexes. Perhaps you got off on the wrong foot?

Thank you for posting, I have thought about going up to Big Boys, but now I think it won't be a priority. There are other ranges equally inconvenient for me to go to.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big Boss has been gone of my top choices. Though, I haven't been to a range since the rona.

Contact the owner. He deserves to know. This can kill a good business and he would not know why.

I will definitely be watching for other reports.

You can spend your money where you want. Make wise decisions.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not a huge fan of most of the staff, but I can understand how touchy they are sometimes. There’s some real lunatics and complete first timers in there. A close friends dad works there as a range coach and has some horror stories. I like him, but not a big fan of anyone else there.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You are definitely a cooler headed guy than myself. Congrats.

If it had been me and ol pinky told me to slow down, I would’ve shoved a full mag into my pistol and ran it as fast as she would’ve ran to a free meal.
I get it that ranges have rules. You never know the abilities or how safe someone is. I was estimating one second between shots and so was she. One of us was wrong. I do find it hard to believe that Big Boys doesn’t have a shot timer available. The Manager said they didn’t and she estimated by looking at her watch. I could have slowed down even more but her attitude was so poor it wouldn’t have mattered. I think she was mad about my comments about the ice when we first walked in and was looking for an excuse to be pissy. Usually an older biker looking guy when I go and he’s always friendly. I sent a message to their Facebook page and maybe the owner will read this thread or the Google review I also left for them. I know it’s hard to find good people that want to work these days. It’s not hard to take the little bit of shooting I do to another range either. If I owned it she would be chipping ice with a toothpick and thinking about her attitude for a while. Or unemployed……

Latest posts

Top Bottom