Bad Experience At Big Boys Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zotis

Marksman
Reaction score
Glad to hear I’m not the only person that hates all the LGS’s around OKC. I’ve had a negative customer service experience at H&H, Wilshire, and Big Boys. None of them are getting my money anymore, good customer service can be difficult dealing with new shooters or egos but I’m neither and still get condescending remarks and attitude.

RSO at big boys the singular time I went was absolutely eye ****ing me and a buddy and ignoring the rest of the range. I actually had to just take a breathe and pack up and leave. I wasn’t doing anything different than anyone else in there and he was hawk eyeing us looking for any excuse to say something.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear I’m not the only person that hates all the LGS’s around OKC. I’ve had a negative customer service experience at H&H, Wilshire, and Big Boys. None of them are getting my money anymore, good customer service can be difficult dealing with new shooters or egos but I’m neither and still get condescending remarks and attitude.

RSO at big boys the singular time I went was absolutely eye ****ing me and a buddy and ignoring the rest of the range. I actually had to just take a breathe and pack up and leave. I wasn’t doing anything different than anyone else in there and he was hawk eyeing us looking for any excuse to say something.

To be the devils advocate, you have to imagine the amount of unsafe people show up there on a daily basis, and I ain't saying that to let them off the hook.

The only ranges I have found in and around okc metro is

Canadian ranges in Yukon

The range in Lexington

With Canadian ranges that old man can be a real mofo, however he takes a pretty hands off approach unless you are in front of the yellow line when the range is ment to be safe, or you fire more than 1 a second.

Other than that, if you are early (as soon as they open) and leave before noon....you should be ok.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be the devils advocate, you have to imagine the amount of unsafe people show up there on a daily basis, and I ain't saying that to let them off the hook.

The only ranges I have found in and around okc metro is

Canadian ranges in Yukon

The range in Lexington

With Canadian ranges that old man can be a real mofo, however he takes a pretty hands off approach unless you are in front of the yellow line when the range is ment to be safe, or you fire more than 1 a second.

Other than that, if you are early (as soon as they open) and leave before noon....you should be ok.

Screw that. I can't even imagine having to tolerate someone looking over my shoulder when I'm at the range.
My condolences to y'all.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's too bad...GenX is the best. Punk rock, Latch key, Independence, Don't take no sh*t off nobody, etc.

Lol, more that as gen x we try to be fair and balanced with interacting among others.

I have found that generally us 43 and up of age have gotten to take every person as a case by case basis more or less.

Not nearly as presumption really.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw that. I can't even imagine having to tolerate someone looking over my shoulder when I'm at the range.
My condolences to y'all.

For me it is that new shooters or even ones that just want to be around people are there and some are with their kids that aint really into shooting a rossi 22lr and the new tarus G3C dad just bought.

At Canadian ranges lots of us share with them, I know I always do with teenage or younger so they can experience something they always wanted.

I am one of those people that gets the cool stuff lol. Got a vector pistol, and the rifle, and RFB and just fun stuff.

Which I dont mind if someone comes up and asks. I always hand them a mag.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My condolences to y'all.
Last time I used the range at BB's the old guy (I don't know his name) was hovering so close around my son and I that I finally asked him if maybe the reason he stayed so close was because he wanted to try out my newly purchased firearm, or one that my son was using? He declined, then sauntered on down the range to bother other shooters. Haven't been back since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom