Bad Online Buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it would be good if we had a thread about ripoffs or bad internet companies to buy from. Over the last eight years including a present day hassle I've lost about $600 to online sites. It has been cases of things like I bought an item off their "New Arrivals" page that they wouldn't let me return because four screens down it said "discontinued item, all sales final". You don't see that from the page you order off of. One company I ordered some axles off had the pictures of the complete axles that I needed so I ordered them. When I got them ,they were missing parts that were in their picture. I called them and I was told I needed to copy and paste the part number into their search box and I would get the correct picture of the axles. How would anyone know to do that? That deal alone cost me $156 . Last week I got screwed by Corsa Forza a company that sells Fiat performance parts for $181. I ordered some parts from them to find the parts wouldn't do what they claimed. So I called them and agreed to exchange them for something else. It cost me $12 to send them back. After about two weeks they sent them back to me. They claimed I damaged them too much to be able to sell them. I never installed the parts or did anything to damage them. Now I'm stuck with $169 part that is worthless to me. If this is happening to me ,I'm sure it happens to other people. I thought we could save each other some money and grief if we could warn others about companies you don't want to deal with.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some companies just suck. I try and be fair when dealing with returns or swapping parts. And will always go the high ground and take the hit compared to the customer taking it. The company can absorb it FAR better than the customer can. Maybe thats why Ive always been successful in the wheel business. I WANT my customers to succeed. I want them succeeding. And i'[m glad to be in wholesale these days. far too many snowflakes these days and im in my GET OFF MY LAWN age....

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I need a car part and I don't need it today right this minute I always try and stick with rock auto. Or various other well known companies !like summit racing or jegs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom