Bad seller alert: Cloud456

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've struggled with posting this but what he did is not cool and needs to be brought to light. We had agreed in principle to the sale of a rifle. In order to purchase this rifle I had to sell an asset which in this case was a very valuable bottle of bourbon. A 2019 15 year old Pappy Van Winkle in fact. My buyer worked out of state and was not able to make our first meet. I communicated with @Cloud456 every inch of the way and completed the sale on the 30th, not knowing he had stopped reading my messages and has in fact ghosted me. Had I known he was known he was going back out I would never had sold the bottle because it gains value every month. I see I'm not the first he's pulled this with so just be aware in case you find yourself dealing with him in the future.
I love Pappy Van Winkle. Selling that only to get screwed over is grounds for an arse kicking.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was also interested in his 104, offered his asking price plus the materials he needed to render it a standard rifle and remove it from the registry (something he said he would do in his ad).... just as I thought we were at a deal he stopped responding. I dunno. I took that as a sign I was being saved some trouble and didn't bother pestering him about it

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make it so new members cannot post in the classifieds for 1 year and 6,000 posts.

Yes I am serious.

JEVapa

Operators Operating
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first signed up here, there was a post limit if I recall before you could sell stuff. I think it was five or ten posts required. I'm all for a post and time limit...1 year and 6K posts is a little ridiculous, but maybe 10-15 posts and 1 month or something...get a little skin in the game.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first signed up here, there was a post limit if I recall before you could sell stuff. I think it was five or ten posts required. I'm all for a post and time limit...1 year and 6K posts is a little ridiculous, but maybe 10-15 posts and 1 month or something...get a little skin in the game.

Might be a little ridiculous but it would cut out the ********.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What gun did you want?
He had an Arsenal SL 104 UR listed.
I don't frequent Armslist but I've heard some mention here about their shenanigans which has caused a virtual flooding of new members here, for the sole purpose of using our classifieds.

Once upon a time, we had a minimum post limit before you could access the want ads. When and why did this go away?

I personally don't deal with anybody other than established members when doing firearm transactions. It's just good practice and keeps ugly topics/posts like this from happening.

So sorry for your unsavory experience, leemozoid. :comfort:
No need to apologize. I'm not out any $. All that happened is that we revealed a bad apple.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the minimum count thought process of course, but by the same token, the information is right there for everyone to make a decision about whether to deal with someone. Hover over a user, see their history and make a decision.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe he is looking for justice. I believe he was warning the other memebers of the forum against doing business with the member in question.

I believe the OP didn't realize he could leave feedback until a transaction had taken place. I could be wrong.

I agree on the feedback. I'm also a proponent of not doing any trades with anyone that only uses this forum for the classifieds, regardless of how long they've been a member. I understand others feel differently, and that's okay, but it ain't for me.

The member in question appears to only post in the classifieds. To me that is a red flag and a no go zone. Not everyone subscribes to that way of thinking.

I know if I'd have turned loose of a $3,000 bottle of bourbon in order to complete a deal and the person I was dealing with ghosted me, my ass would be pretty red.
There is no justice to be had. As I said, I struggled with the idea of writing the post in the first place for fear that would be the perception. In the end I felt my experience needed to be known in order for others to have a measure of protection. I was not aware of the ability to post non-transactional feedback. As far as selling the bottle, yeah, it chapped my a** pretty good. I won the right to purchase it at retail in a lottery in 2019. It's been a cornerstone of my bourbon collection since then. In the end it is still just a thing and I have more than enough other very nice bottles to take its place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom