Bad seller alert: Cloud456

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last few deals on Armslist were great. In fact, I've had better luck on armslist than here over the last year.
Just got to express what you want if they won’t do it move on. Had good luck on Armslist except a couple deals over the years .

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The minimum post deal is totally up to the owners. Their game, their ball, their rules.

But, a scammer, who visits only the classifieds and had more than one bad review, is allowed to continue.

Not Big Brother protecting us, but protecting the integrity of them sight.

I have had many Armslist dealings and 1 no show. I have had dealings here, established members and newbies. Due diligence, caution, preparation and never a bad deal.

How the ad reads is paramount. Conversation during the deal decides whether to continue forward.

Multiple bad feedback, BYE

7 pages on a bad deal and the culprit is conspicuously absent.
Something is fishy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe we just need more for sale ads with excessive photo shopping and gratuitous pics of sexy toes. Would that put everyone's mind at ease? Maybe @RickN can start us off right! Bwahahaha!
I'm on it!

gun with toes.jpg

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last few deals on Armslist were great. In fact, I've had better luck on armslist than here over the last year.
Call me "Mr. State-the-Obvious" but maybe the scuzzy people looking for a FREE place to lowball/no show/scam others have left Armslist (I understand they charge a fee now).
'Hell is empty and all the devils are here.' - William Shakespeare

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call me "Mr. State-the-Obvious" but maybe the scuzzy people looking for a FREE place to lowball/no show/scam others have left Armslist (I understand they charge a fee now).
'Hell is empty and all the devils are here.' - William Shakespeare

Yep. The way I look at it.... if you're buying and selling with some frequency..... if you're too cheap to pay $6 a month or whatever it is.... then you're likely a piss poor buyer or seller. Not usually worth my time.

Fallbackpuppet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This complaint is endemic of on line sales, and I see both sides (note I have no idea what if any history the seller has).

I have on many occasions agreed to sell an item, and the buyer communicate a delay, that turned into a week or two of delays and ended up with them backing out. So if you had a delay coming up with the funds the seller probably thought you were going to flake and rather than get jerked around took money from someone waving it around.

I have also driven hours across the state to buy an item and had the seller just not show up. It sucks and is a waste of time. Sometimes they contact me with some excuse and sometime they have just gone silent.

My solution when selling is I tell people sure I will sell it to you for x price, but I won't wait. The first person with cash in hand gets to buy it, and if it sells before you tell me you have the cash then I will let you know. If I make a deal say on Sunday evening and we agree to meet on Tuesday afternoon then it is sold and I won't sell it out from under someone. That is unless they contact me Monday or early Tuesday to put off the sale then I let them know I won't hold it and will let them know if I sell it before they are able to buy it. This just keeps incidents like thus from happening.

When buying if I am traveling and get ghosted at sale time the only way I will buy it after I'd if the seller brings it to me. Other than that I won't buy anything from them ever again and just take my lumps unfortunately not all folks selling online are honest and honorable.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was also interested in his 104, offered his asking price plus the materials he needed to render it a standard rifle and remove it from the registry (something he said he would do in his ad).... just as I thought we were at a deal he stopped responding. I dunno. I took that as a sign I was being saved some trouble and didn't bother pestering him about it

Similar experience here. Alarms went off when the seller failed to answer questions on whether or not he was in possession of the fake suppressor or if one would need to be sourced for a pin and weld. He was only interested in discussing possible trades even though my intent was a cash purchase (after the firearm was returned to title 1 status). Seller may be legit, but it wasn't worth the risk to bother pursuing things any further.

Caveat emptor...especially when it comes to NFA items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom