Bad Weather Coming Tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably drowned!

Sorry, I had too! Lmao

I realize this was said in gest. However, it probably truer than you realize. When severe storms hit the sediments in the bottoms of ponds and lakes gets stirred up. This can cloud the water with floating “gunk” and clog the gills of fish. Thus producing a large “fish kill”.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize this was said in gest. However, it probably truer than you realize. When severe storms hit the sediments in the bottoms of ponds and lakes gets stirred up. This can cloud the water with floating “gunk” and clog the gills of fish. Thus producing a large “fish kill”.
That makes sense also all the moss is gone from the pond it’s all stuck to the fence on the west side of my property several dead fish in the pasture

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would all the fresh water coming in cause a turnover? We've had ponds turnover around here and cause a fish kill but I couldn't say it was from a flood.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That makes sense also all the moss is gone from the pond it’s all stuck to the fence on the west side of my property several dead fish in the pasture

Looks like a good sized bass. That’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It could have been banged off a tree or post or fence wire, or tumbled along where the water was really shallow, or any combination of things. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything related to a chemical. They ain't all that tough. Sometimes they die right away when put in a fully functioning live well.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could have been banged off a tree or post or fence wire, or tumbled along where the water was really shallow, or any combination of things. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything related to a chemical. They ain't all that tough. Sometimes they die right away when put in a fully functioning live well.
The bass that are dead are still in the pond

Latest posts

Top Bottom