Bad Weather Coming Tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, then, I guess we're fortunate that glyphosate is an herbicide, not a pesticide...

“Pesticide” is the umbrella term for any substance used to control a pest, whether that be an animal, plant, etc. It includes herbicides, fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, piscicides, etc.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last night around 9pm and this morning around 6:15 I thought someone let a little kid have access to the siren button. This morning it was 40 minutes strait even when TV was saying Tulsa was clear. So I guess all those school and business closing yesterday were unnecessary and the sky didn't fall. What I don't recall the weather guys saying last weekend was we were going to have torrential rain fall and flood a bunch of places. Oh well I am glad no deaths occurred yesterday.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“New research on the DNA-damaging effects of the popular herbicide known as Roundup® indicates that it can do significant harm to fish even after short-term, environmentally low concentration exposures in the parts per billion range(μg /L).http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/roundup-herbicide-toxic-fish-parts-billion-range#_edn1

Guess what, glyphosate is contaminating a lot of our food. And it has the same dna damaging effect on us in the ppb range. Here’s a list of food you probably have in your pantry.

3967A7BC-DE0B-42F7-93B8-F35CBC04C440.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-21_18-12-6.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-21_18-12-6.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 135
  • upload_2019-5-21_18-16-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-21_18-16-59.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 151

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you think it’s “anti-Monsanto”? And DNA damage is bad juju, whether or not it causes mortality. Just think of how it can affect other organisms than fish...

I'm not sure that there is an Environmental group that isn't anti-Monsanto. Agree, anything that harms the fish is not good.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Pesticide” is the umbrella term for any substance used to control a pest, whether that be an animal, plant, etc. It includes herbicides, fungicides, rodenticides, insecticides, piscicides, etc.

So, what kind of "cide" would need to be used to rid ourselves of internet trolls?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree okie4570 I think it was just the flash flood

How deep is the pond. I think I've seen pics that others may not have, and it was totally inundated. The reason I ask about depth is that if its over 10' a thermocline could have built up that has little oxygen below it, but with the amount of water I saw going over the dam, that wouldn't have lasted long and the low oxygen water would have been diffused. I'm pretty sure rainwater/runoff would have enough oxygen content to support fish, so I'm going with your thoughts of the company across the street contributing some sort of chemical agent to the water that made it toxic.
Now it's time to restock, so is the water still toxic? You'll have to find out before putting more fish in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom