Badgers in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwg77

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a badger come in to one of our game cameras recently.

Has anyone else seen any? (If you have ever spotted Bigfoot or UFO's, please don't respond to this post.);)

Attachments

• CDY_0046.jpg
    CDY_0046.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,032

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen a few - they're fairly common in central and western OK, less so in the SE part. Where was your game cam set up? It's a pretty cool pic you have there, and welcome to the board :)

PYPLYNR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure have. dug one out of his hole while moving the dirt i had piled up from making a pond. Needless to say he was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God I was in a trackhoe.

jwg77

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
The photo was taken in Creek Co. southwest of Gypsy. Have been hunting there for 5 years and this is the first time we have gotten one on a camera or ever seen one.
The camera was over a salt lick where we do get a good number of deer photos. The deer are using the lick at this time but were not from mid October until now. I don't know if the badger was using the salt or just walking the trail.
What county was the one in that you dug out with the trackhoe?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have badgers in NC Okla. I was a kid plowing a field for my uncle in an old John Deere Model D, when I rolled one out of the ground. I had never seen one before, and got off the tractor to look at it. When I got close it came alive and was totally pi$$ed. It wanted a piece of me, and I took off for a 30 yd run to the tractor, and realized I wasn't going to make it. (This was in my redneck years) I had one of those 10 pound bull rider buckles on my belt, and ripped it out of my belt loops just as fast as my dad took his belt off to me, and used it as a weapon. Got lucky and knocked the badger out. Made a circle and ran over that bad boy:D

Shortly afterward rolled a sasquatch out of the ground.........Sorry I had to do it:D

V@rmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badgers are tough suckers. I remember coon hunting in Nebraska as a kid, one night the dogs got hold of a badger. He whipped both of them and we ended up shooting him in the head twice with a .22lr to kill him.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last year was going North on 81 Highway between 60 and highway 11 where the Indian shiloutte is on the butte. One came out of the bar ditch and was going to meet me head on in the car. He wasn't worried. Danggone thing bowed up right in the middle of the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom