Badgers in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen a badger get a serious beating with a shovel at the hands of an 80 year old in the panhandle.

Say that with the right cadence and it could sound like something from the old man Oh Brother Where Art Thou with the cool railroad car.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one chase me on my bicycle once when I was a kid. Damn thing ran pretty fast and scared the crap out of me before it went off down in the ditch. We found one of their holes and set some traps to try and catch one but had no luck.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't happen in OK but I remember several yrs back running into one fly fishing up in Wyoming. Don't know what I did but it was pissed at me for some reason. Came after me and I pulled out the trusty side iron and let a couple fly. Don't know if I hit it but it did make some wicked noise as it headed for the underbrush.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have badgers in NC Okla. I was a kid plowing a field for my uncle in an old John Deere Model D, when I rolled one out of the ground. I had never seen one before, and got off the tractor to look at it. When I got close it came alive and was totally pi$$ed. It wanted a piece of me, and I took off for a 30 yd run to the tractor, and realized I wasn't going to make it. (This was in my redneck years) I had one of those 10 pound bull rider buckles on my belt, and ripped it out of my belt loops just as fast as my dad took his belt off to me, and used it as a weapon. Got lucky and knocked the badger out. Made a circle and ran over that bad boy:D

Shortly afterward rolled a sasquatch out of the ground.........Sorry I had to do it:D

Thanks for the first laugh of the day! :thumb:

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had one climb up the tree under my stand once when I was hunting with my daughter. We filmed it as it came up about halfway then I convinced it that the tree was already occupied.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot one about 15 years ago while dove hunting SW of Minco. I was in a milo field near a fence and 25 yards west of me was a pond that sits very high. Badger was on the dam. Had a P229 with me shot him, went to make sure, put another round in him. Smelled like a skunk because he pooped all over himself when I hit him. The teeth that thing had looked razor sharp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom