Badgers in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one behind my house. Mustang, OK.

I didnt try to beat it or anything, I personally think pretty highly of the little bag of hatefulness being we are of the same personality type and all.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never trapped one but would love to. I took some traps out to Caddo county last week but did not find any fresh diggings. My brother shot one a couple weeks ago at Pond Creek and didn't even bring it back for me to skin. I have had one come out and snatch a prairie dog I shot and then run back to his den. Wasn't in fur season or I would have tried to get him.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen a badger get a serious beating with a shovel at the hands of an 80 year old in the panhandle.

Say that with the right cadence and it could sound like something from the old man Oh Brother Where Art Thou with the cool railroad car.

Almost iambic pentameter.

RyAn007

Marksman
Reaction score
Badgers get real nasty and can really hurt people and are tough as nails. But they are really cool to look at and quite peculiar, but they are not very common in northeast Oklahoma from what I have seen.

jwg77

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are going to cut this guy a wide berth but have no intention of harming him since he is the first one we have seen on our property. I hope he decides to stick around and provide us with with many more photos and maybe even a sighting or two. I admit that I would sure like a pelt but since they seem to be uncommon in our area, I will let him live.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going to cut this guy a wide berth but have no intention of harming him since he is the first one we have seen on our property. I hope he decides to stick around and provide us with with many more photos and maybe even a sighting or two. I admit that I would sure like a pelt but since they seem to be uncommon in our area, I will let him live.

Is this near Broken Arrow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom