Badlands Tactical Training Facility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://badlandstactical.org/

The best kept secret in the firearms training community just happens to be right here in Oklahoma. This school has been running nearly 20 years. They train everyone from Apple seed shooters all the way up to federal agencies.
Primarily known for long range rifle, they instruct in all disciplines and weapon systems. Their instructors are vetted from upper tier agencies.
The facility is situated on the Oklahoma Texas border. It consists of several long rifle ranges. The 1000 KDR has 1 inch thick steel silhouette targets with 1 MOA flapers in the chest all the way out to 1000 yards. They have a 2200 acre UKD range with steel targets as well as an awesome pistol/carbine facility. As a side note their Cowboy Action facility is amoung the best in the country.
Tuition is between $125-$150/course day. This includes lodging in their hotel like bunkhouse where each room has a private bathroom!
Check out their instructor bios. Steve Suttles the school master instructor is the Marine Corps #6 all time confirmed kill ranking sniper. He worked with the greats! Your money is well spent there and it's in your own back yard!
Once an alumnist, the facility is open to you at $10/day!
The school founder is Legendary Oklahoma Lawman Sheriff Bobby Whittington. You will never see another Sheriff lay his reputation on the line for you and your 2A rights in the highly politically charged arena of the Sheriff's Association like he continues to do.
These are great Americans. Check out the Web site and come join us for a course. Their a lot like Doritoes, can't stop at just one!

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having moved to OK in Dec of 2018, I found Badlands Training after a bit and went to a class there eventually. The class was a basic intro class, of three that they require new students to attend as a prerequisite to more advanced training. I have attended more than a dozen defensive handgun classes before that one, so while I learned very little, I felt like the class was very well done. They had 5 instructors for 18 students so there was a lot of personal attention. They saw it wasn't my first rodeo, so they pushed me, and pushed me. They intended that I get something out of it and I did. Only about an hour drive for me to the place and if this COVID stuff ever ends I'll go back and do another class or three with them. While I wouldn't call them cheap, they are a tad bit less expensive than some other classes I've seen offered in OK. And if you are taking a class and they have an opening, you can stay at the facility overnight for no additional cost. The number of rooms is limited. And courses are often full. Give them a try if happen to be in the western part of the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom