Bailing out Florida again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trooper Joe

Marksman
Reaction score
I was a FEMA reservist for over 20 years. It makes me sick watching the uncontrolled growth in Florida mostly in very risky areas. I lost count of the number of deployments I had in the state of Florida. I saw new homes being built next to a totally destroyed home only a foot or so above the high water level. The builder may have as well displayed a sign saying “What me worry, FEMA will bail me out”.

Trooper Joe

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The real estate/land developer industrial complex will keep building those waterfront properties because it's lucrative. Everyone thinks we are in end times so you might as well be a grifter.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People still build houses in Moore…..
The difference is that tornadoes have a very narrow damage corridor, so your likelihood of getting hit by one is very low. Hurricanes are so big that it’s a matter of when, not if, a Florida home is going to be hit, and the closer you are to the water, the worse it’s going to be.

There’s a reason the Seminoles built everything inland.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... This reminds me of people saying a woman gets sexually assaulted because she dresses a certain way. The odds of being hit by a tornado in OK may be low...but the odds of your home or property suffering wind damage is pretty high. Yet people still live here.

When I lived in Colorado it was wildfires. Same in the PacNW. It's always something. I suppose you people who think this way will want to start punishing people for their thoughts next, or what they might do.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I was a FEMA reservist for over 20 years. It makes me sick watching the uncontrolled growth in Florida mostly in very risky areas. I lost count of the number of deployments I had in the state of Florida. I saw new homes being built next to a totally destroyed home only a foot or so above the high water level. The builder may have as well displayed a sign saying “What me worry, FEMA will bail me out”.

Trooper Joe
Bet you didn't say that sh*t while you were TDY in Florida getting a fat check at full rate per diem and hazard pay, now did you? Christmas time ChaChing!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom