Bailing out Florida again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trooper Joe

Marksman
Reaction score
I just saw an interview with a couple in Naples who evacuated their home in Tampa and went to their condo in Naples. Their door to their condo actually burst open allowing a wall of “Sea water” to rush in almost killing the husband. He admitted to the interviewer that even though the condo was only a few feet from the Gulf, the developer assured them that the unit was safe from any hurricanes.

These greedy developers and the corrupt officials who approve their projects should be made to answer for their crimes.

Trooper Joe
”Some place between Jesus and Jail”

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did. That is probably why I stopped responding. It is absolutely obscene the amount of federal money that gets dumped into these responses time after time. I guess the old saying that FEMA actually stands for “Free Easy Money Amigo” is still alive and well. 😏
The owners of Drewery Construction in east TX where I live became billionaires during the hurricane Katrina clean up.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw an interview with a couple in Naples who evacuated their home in Tampa and went to their condo in Naples. Their door to their condo actually burst open allowing a wall of “Sea water” to rush in almost killing the husband. He admitted to the interviewer that even though the condo was only a few feet from the Gulf, the developer assured them that the unit was safe from any hurricanes.

These greedy developers and the corrupt officials who approve their projects should be made to answer for their crimes.

Trooper Joe
”Some place between Jesus and Jail”

So what do you suggest we do with Florida? Just wall it off and make everyone move out? What's next? How about people who build homes in wildfire-prone areas? Or areas prone to earthquakes? Or tornadoes?

Frankly, anyone who listens to a condo developer about a condo in Florida being "safe" from hurricanes is a fool. Not for buying the condo but for believing a line of crap like that. Newsflash...Florida is not the only state prone to hurricanes. Should we prohibit building along the Gulf coast and east coast of the Atlantic as well?

Exactly what I'd want if I lived in Florida...some dude from Oklahoma telling me how to live my life and where I can and can't buy a house.

Nanny-ism intruding on every aspect of our lives...

Trooper Joe

Marksman
Reaction score
So what do you suggest we do with Florida? Just wall it off and make everyone move out? What's next? How about people who build homes in wildfire-prone areas? Or areas prone to earthquakes? Or tornadoes?

Frankly, anyone who listens to a condo developer about a condo in Florida being "safe" from hurricanes is a fool. Not for buying the condo but for believing a line of crap like that. Newsflash...Florida is not the only state prone to hurricanes. Should we prohibit building along the Gulf coast and east coast of the Atlantic as well?

Exactly what I'd want if I lived in Florida...some dude from Oklahoma telling me how to live my life and where I can and can't buy a house.

Nanny-ism intruding on every aspect of our lives...
Well, I do agree with this this part of your response:

“Frankly, anyone who listens to a condo developer about a condo in Florida being "safe" from hurricanes is a fool. Not for buying the condo but for believing a line of crap like that.”.

Check out how the south Florida Seminole Indians stayed out of harms way for centuries. They built their homes and villages in safe locations, not a few feet from the ocean shoreline.

I am quite sure Oklahoma doesn’t regularly receive billions of dollars of aid to help support risky developments. There is a new multi level condo building just across the bridge of Punta Gorda that looks like it is already going to fall into the water. Some developer talked the local government officials into letting them build this obscene structure on land that was once a very nice little park.

Just saying 💁

Trooper Joe

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was listening to radio 74 while stacking hay when the florida governor came on and spoke for about half an hour about the storm just as it was getting started. he said that the state had ample supplies stockpiled for this or any emergency and was asking for people to stop sending food,water and supplies but just send money instead. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Latest posts

Top Bottom